Position to analyze: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Position to analyze:

SoFlaFan

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Starting Fullback.

The coaching staff seems ready and willing to go with Rob Konrad as the starter. His performance last night against Houston indicates as much, but we would like to see him maintain some consistency. Dyer and Femi have not done so much to to claiming the spot, leaving it open for Konrad to lose. Are we looking at a roster cut of either of these??

The more I think about it, and see the performance of Konrad, this move to sign Femi has done the exact thing that Wannspeil had wanted.

This was a win/win proposition for the team IMO. I really feel that Wanny brought Femi in to either:

1) earn a spot by outplaying either of the two incumbents

2) push the other two guys to improve their games to keep their jobs

So, either way, the move has payed off, it seems. IMO Femi will be the odd man out. He has not really shown that much, to take a spot away from the two other guys.

But Konrad has really upped his game. Looks like he is firmly entrenched in his starting spot, and has earned the confidence of Wanny, and Norv.

Haven't really seen, or heard too much from Femi, or Dyer, for that matter. So, it is really hard to say what will happen there. If I had to guess, I would say that Femi will be adios.

And, when they first signed him, I thought FOR SURE, that they wouldn't just bring in another player, to prove to the guys that he is competing against, that their jobs may be in jepordy. They wouldn't do that, would they??

Konrad really looked great last night. He ran hard, caught most of the balls thrown to him, ran well after the catch, and did a nice job blocking.

IMHO we will se the real Rob this year. I think we got ripped off by Chan the past few years, and Rob really got the shaft with his play calling.

I think Rob can be good, but we should be wary of paying him if he does as good FB's are a dime a dozen as evidenced by the fact many good one's have to wait for an injury to get a job.

Originally posted by Phinstd
I think Rob can be good, but we should be wary of paying him if he does as good FB's are a dime a dozen as evidenced by the fact many good one's have to wait for an injury to get a job.

I always wondered about this. A good FB has to block like a OG, catch like a WR, and run like a TB, yet with all these diverse skills needed, the FB is the lowest paid position in the NFL. In an Offense like Norv's, all of these skills are required, and if Rob provides them, it will mean much more diversity and difficulty to defense against our O.

As for paying Rob too much, that is hardly a concern since the highest paid FBs (Alstot exception - but he is as much a TB as FB) make less than the average at most other positions. If he can contribute like he did on Saturday, his value will greatly outweigh his cost.

Well that kind of intensifies the urgency of winning it all pretty soon. When is his contract up?

Back
Top Bottom