Positional Analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positional Analysis

jtsacksyou

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We win and lose as a team, Offense hurt the defense in the middle, defense let down the offense at the end and special teams was horrible all throughout. Lets analyze this by position though.

QB - QB play was what it has been; average. Thats all we need out of Pennington though. He is a great game manager and really does a good job keeping us in games. For that I give him a B-.

HB - R&R didn't have holes today. However they averaged close to 4 yards per carry. They both were also effective in the passing game. These guys fought hard even when the holes weren't there. B+

Patrick Cobbs - This is a guy we didn't expect anything from, and he gave us everything. A+, good job :hi5:
FB - I'm still not sure what to think of Cramer, he had one catch, but he didn't get enough for the 1st. He does a decent job blocking. C+

WR - Greg Camarillo is a stud. He makes tough catches, and he gets open. Ginn has not been getting open on the short and intermediate routes. Ginn could be irrelevent for the next season or 2. Its hard to rate these guys knowing they can't stretch the feild and the DB's are sitting on intermediate routes all day. We saw some good blocking from London. I won't give a grade b/c i really have no idea.

OL - These guys have been solid but they really let us down today. Pennington was forced out of the pocket numerous times. We had atleast 4 or 5 passing protection breakdowns. Run blocking was not pretty either. A lot of the yards were from the rb's creating and ricky going to the outside. They have to get a better push, and we can not let bull rushers drive us back into our qb. D+

DL - These guys have held their gaps and allowed the linebackers to make plays. That is their job as 3-4 lineman. On top of that, these guys have made plays of their own. Langford's batted ball, Starks had a nice tackle. These guys are playing great together. A

LB - They did a good job for most of the game. During the first half they were over pursuing on the front side leaving the cut back lanes. They've gotta stay home and fill. For the most part though, they did a nice job. They kept a good RB tandem in check and did a nice job not allowing YAC in the passing game. Also credit crowder for the nice hussle play to catch johnson. B

DB - I almost feel like splitting this into two categories. W.Allen/Bell and Everyone else. Lehan looked awful, goodman had a few bad plays as well. I would've liked to see bell bat down the 4th down pass at the end. This group has a lack of talent and its scary. Run support has been great from the safeties though. Goodman made a nice pick. I wish he would've made the other and its too bad Hill couldn't catch his gift wrapped present from Shaub. B+ for Bell/Allen, D for the rest (would've been an F i like Hill's run support and goodman's pick)

Special teams - I think consistancy is the word here. We had a few where we nailed them inside the 20. Allen is starting to become a stud (hey maybe if Ginn starts playing KR we can have 2 first round special teams studs!!!) but thats where the positives stop. We allowed too many big plays. THere was a big kick return and of course the touchdown. Thats unacceptable. Feilds is doing his job though. F+ (the plus is for feilds)

Overview, a lot of blame can be thrown in a few spots. The Oline for not opening holes for ricky and ronnie, and not protecting chad better, and the db's for letting Andre, Andre, Andrew and the TE run wide open. And then the wide reciever/chad pennington effect (cant go deep)

comments?

Back
Top Bottom