Positive Thread on FA, please? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positive Thread on FA, please?

Well, hard to see too many positives right now. I didn't expect all the losses Miami had. I guess I should have listened more closely to dolphan91 and Feverdream, who were both spot on. Kudos to them for understanding and explaining the salary cap mess Miami is in.

But, there are a few positives. One, the Dolphins should get four comp picks next year, including two 3rd rounders for losing Wilkins and Hunt. I believe Miami will have 12 picks for 2025.

Also, the possibilities of signing Phillips, Waddle and Holland are much higher now that big contracts weren't given out to all the players lost.

Hard not to anticipate a down year for 2024, but you never know. To be honest, I might explore trading Tyreek Hill.

Well, hard to see too many positives right now. I didn't expect all the losses Miami had. I guess I should have listened more closely to dolphan91 and Feverdream, who were both spot on. Kudos to them for understanding and explaining the salary cap mess Miami is in.

But, there are a few positives. One, the Dolphins should get four comp picks next year, including two 3rd rounders for losing Wilkins and Hunt. I believe Miami will have 12 picks for 2025.

Also, the possibilities of signing Phillips, Waddle and Holland are much higher now that big contracts weren't given out to all the players lost.

Hard not to anticipate a down year for 2024, but you never know. To be honest, I might explore trading Tyreek Hill.
Tbf the Reddit thread explained that the dolphins are fine cap wise. Plenty enough to get solid players and get our draft picks signed

you are welcome

the fact that our players got more money than what they should have doesn’t mean they won’t be missed......Wilkins is one of the best DT's in the NFL.....Hunt is a good guard.....AVG was a great role player who always made plays.....Jones was part of the rotation at safety....yes they got overpaid but it still hurts the team to lose all those players......what type of team we'll be in 2024? Time will tell but saying that they got overpaid doesn’t make it any easier
I agree. Just dismissing them like they don’t matter because they got paid a lot is a clear sign of the glasses being a little too aqua

They most certainly will trade some of the 2025 picks to try to get some picks this year.
I would trade Hill without thinking twice.
He is a looney tune and WRs are easy to replace. Every draft there is a Tank Dell or Jayden Reed or Rashee Rice that turn out to be legit starters.

We are losing talent but the defense with Wilkins, X, AVG, Brandon Jones, and Jerome Baker ranked 22nd and 24th in points allowed the past 2 seasons.

Team will reload around Ramsey, Chubb, Philips, Seiler, and Holland. Unfortunately, Wilkins priced himself out of our range.

Grier needs to hit on picks and find bargains like Seiler, Elliot, etc. There’s no high priced FA coming to the rescue.

Keeping the band together was unrealistic.

I'm going to withhold judgment until I see how they fill these shoes and how it all fits together. Fit and creativity (and motivation) sometimes beats more talent. Dolphin fans should know this, because we've lost to a lot of less talented teams over the years that had better chemistry and coaching.

Reactions: BSQ
Y’all are crazy. Our defense underachieved for three straight seasons and got two different defensive coordinators fired. Turnover isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Replacing Baker, Xavien, and Ogbah will be a good thing. Replacing Wilkins will be difficult, but he and Sieler were duplicative. Plugging a better two-gapper into Wilkins’ spot may even be an improvement.

AVG and Brandon Jones were rotational backups.

Every single player that got signed today were major overpayments that are highly unlikely to give you a good ROI going forward... Be happy either Grier was smart enough to understand this or we just got flat out lucky he was too broke to hand out those deals...
Understood but we would feel a bit better if there were some kind of replacements on the roster for so many holes we now have and can't count on Armstead, Phillips and Chubb to be healthy...the latter two for maybe quite awhile
We need to replace these guys

Every single player that got signed today were major overpayments that are highly unlikely to give you a good ROI going forward... Be happy either Grier was smart enough to understand this or we just got flat out lucky he was too broke to hand out those deals...
Tell that to your boy @andyahs . He seems to use griers draft picks getting money as a tool to determine the great drafting Grier has done but then will tell others that we should be happy we didn't over pay for any of them because they aren't worth it... fans are "weird"

Tell that to your boy @andyahs . He seems to use griers draft picks getting money as a tool to determine the great drafting Grier has done but then will tell others that we should be happy we didn't over pay for any of them because they aren't worth it... fans are "weird"
Because they aren't. Both those things can be true. Wilkins is worth good money but not that good money, same with Hunt. And yes they were good draft picks. See. Not so hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom