Positives from game ?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from game ??

I like the fact that early on Cutler was spreading the ball around. Btw, I love Landry but 13 catches for 70 some yards? I've said this before. If we run the offense thru Landry we'll never score enough points. He plays so hard on every snap thought. Parker did good today and Cutler did too. The O-line was good but not great. Ajayi got plenty of yards on his own

Ozzy rules!!

For how bad the defense played today they did hold the chargers running game to only 44 yards. The negative to that was Rivers killed the linebackers and DBs with the screens and dinking and dunking.

Cutlers movement in the pocket to avoid sacks is also a plus.

Positives

ROAD WIN
AJAYI
PARKEY
0 turnovers
Want to see more from the passing game but I believed they showed enough signs that it will open up sooner than later

I don't know whether to credit the o-line for their play or if it was Cutlers pocket awareness to escape the pressure.

The biggest positives were that Jay Cutler threw a high number of downfield passes without an interception, and Jay Ajayi carried the ball a relatively high number of times, for a good number of yards per carry, without fumbling.

All of that is important because the team will need that kind of firepower on offense, as well as that kind of ball protection, to overcome a fairly shoddy defense and to have the kind of turnover margin it needs to be successful.

Ajayi is a top 3 back in the NFL. In fact I think he's number 1 if you only factor running the ball.
Our OL has top 10 potential if you factor in Cutlers pocket movement, Bosa and Ingram combined for 1 Sack.
Parker is already a top ten WR.
Cutler was efficient.

IMHO the o-line was very good. Cutler played a very smart game. DTs played big. William Hayes played fairly well. Ajayi is the core of the offense. I know we expect it now, but our WR's are all good and each played solid today. What a far cry from just a few years ago. God do we lack athleticism at LB without Timmons though. Scary.

Ajayi is a top 3 back in the NFL. In fact I think he's number 1 if you only factor running the ball.
Our OL has top 10 potential if you factor in Cutlers pocket movement, Bosa and Ingram combined for 1 Sack.
Parker is already a top ten WR.
Cutler was efficient.

Creidt for lack of sacks also goes to the quick passing game. Screens and all the short stuff helps nullify pressure.

What others mentioned in previous posts.

Run blocking was good and Hull should get a bonus star for his hustle today.

A shout out to Gase for negatives. Bad play calling, poor choice to challenge (calls like that always go to house) and what the hell was that last timeout, not sure if that was him or not but yikes.

I thought that was the worst coached game of Gase's career so far. He was way too overly conservative with his play calling, especially in the first half. There were not enough aggressive throws on first down after you already established Ajayi in the running game. He "settled" for a low percentage 54 yard field goal with his play calling with 1:10 to go in the game giving the Charges plenty of time to get in game winning field goal range against his shaky defense. And then the timeout at the end of the game was inexplicable. They couldn't have even iced the kicker with a timeout if they wanted to because they can't call back to back timeouts I believe. Overall, Gase had no business being the winning head coach in that game. It was a pathetic coaching job and this is coming from someone who loves him as head coach. It will be loved him in the past tense if he keeps coaching like that.

p.s. Kiko Alonso absolutely sucks.

Back
Top Bottom