Possible bump in the Fins road? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible bump in the Fins road?

DolfinDave

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I feel pretty confident about this team, but there are a few things I am worried about this year. One of them is Chad Pennington. Every year that Pennington is healthy, the Jets have had a good record and usually give the Fins a lot of trouble.

It is pretty clear that we are the better overall team. But there is just something about seeing Pennington under center for the Jets that makes me uneasy. He is no Brady or Manning, but he can win games and always puts up a good fight against us.

I guess what I am trying to get at here is that we should not overlook the Jets just because they are supposed to have a bad year. We were supposed to have a bad year last year and look what happened. When healthy, Pennington is dangerous and I hope Coach Saban doesn't let the team overlook them like I'm sure some of us Fins fans will.

i have very little faith that penny will last even half the season, which is unfortunate for them. i hope he does but 2 cuff injuries, all it takes is one hit, or landing the wrong way again. i dont think we will have to worry about him as a nemisis

The Jets always play us tough no matter how bad they are. Look at last year they were terrible and we went 1-1 against them, and the game we won we only won by 3. It doesn't really matter if pennington is in or not if we overlook the Jets they will probably beat us.

season 2 under nick, thats what he is here for. if he is as great as we and the media think he is, we wont have to worry about our team being unoreoared or overlooking opponents.

I can honestly say as a Dolphin fan and someone who is really understanding the messages nick tryes to get across to the players that i dont see them under estimating anyone.expectally scince the jets had our number for around 4 years i dont think the the fins will think there a push over at all.And if they at any point they easy up on them i think saban will be there to light a fire under there a**.know what im sayin?

I hear you guys. I agree that Coach Saban doesn't seem like the kind of coach who would let us overlook someone, especially a division rival. I am just saying that with Pennington at the helm, the Jets can be better than people expect.

J-E-T-S- SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wont win 6 games this year, pennington will get hurt once again cause you cant be 100% with 2 torn rotator cuffs, the phins will win a close battle with the patsies for the afc east title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:refuse: :dolphins:

i saw that pennington may of hurt his arm during preseason after a hit? but i agree i wouldnt take them for granted, last year one of their few wins was when Penn was healthy against us (shutters)

The one advantage we have over Buffalo and NY is that they have new coaches and are trying to rebuild their teams. I dont see any other 1st year head coach coming close to doing what Nick did last year and winning 9 games. Especially 6 straight.
That being said. Division rivals ALWAYS play tough... anything can happen. Any team can beat anyone on any given Sunday... THAT is a given.

I think you are overestimating what Chad is capable of. The Jets are going to play Miami hard regardless of who is at QB.

I think our defensive line is going to give him fits because Jason Taylor isn't going to see a lot of double teams with the other stars we have out there.

Superself said:
I think you are overestimating what Chad is capable of. The Jets are going to play Miami hard regardless of who is at QB.

I think our defensive line is going to give him fits because Jason Taylor isn't going to see a lot of double teams with the other stars we have out there.
Chad Still hasn't thrown the deep pass. We don't know if he has the arm strength. I want to see more of him before worrying about him giving us fits.

Superself said:

I get more of a warm fuzzy thinking that Kevin Mawae isn't going to be there for the Jets against us this year. That being said, last year he was like a pitcher throwing 75 mph fastballs and striking us out, mowing us down. He'd throw a pass that you could time by sun dial and complete it- surreal.
Hopefully the new secondary changes i.e Will Allen and Jason Allen's field coverage won't allow that bizarro world kind of stuff to happen this time around.

Back
Top Bottom