Possible DL Replacement identified by Ryder as DT/DE Brandon Dorlus (John Randle Clone) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible DL Replacement identified by Ryder as DT/DE Brandon Dorlus (John Randle Clone)

His job would be to disrupt the pocket not 2-gap. Him and Wilkins are two totally different players and schemes. Yes his weight is light but from when I first mentioned Dorlus he went from 273 to 285. I bet you teams are telling him to gain weight and find a home at 3 tech. At the very least year one he can be a situational pass rushing DT and a edge setting DE on run downs- thats great value. He has a great awareness to him with his hand usage and leverage. Definitely an ascending player who has his best fooball in front of him.

If we draft an Edge this year, we really need to focus on a DE type rather than an OLB type. This would add to the DL rotation, while giving us some cover for the Edge injuries.

Dorlus is one of several who could work. D. Robinson would require more draft capital, but he'd be ideal.

...and don't sleep on an Ogbah return once he realizes his market.

I don't care for comparing him to a Hall of Famer as he is not nearly as explosive as ALL TIME GREAT John Randle, but he is a solid, does a bit of everything DL.

Might not be big enough to be a run stuffer but he can get up field and could play DE early and move inside on passing downs.

Similar to Robinson from Missouri he looks like a Baltimore Raven "type" so Weaver might like him.

Back
Top Bottom