Possible Draft Senario | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Draft Senario

cheyannefan

Starter
Reaction score
Since we are oicking at #16, our situation is tougher than last year's. If Saban isn't convinced on Greenway, Huff, etc. why not trade down into the second round (teams 1-5 of course) for a second next year and a 4 or 5 round pick.

cheyannefan said:
Since we are oicking at #16, our situation is tougher than last year's. If Saban isn't convinced on Greenway, Huff, etc. why not trade down into the second round (teams 1-5 of course) for a second next year and a 4 or 5 round pick.

Trading down is another option. But trading down means that you are typically setting yourself up for next year's draft. Miami may be able to trade their 16th pick for another second round pick in this draft and a second round pick in next year's draft.

That would give Miami the chance to get four 2nd round caliber players in two years. In theory, that could be four, young starters in two years. I'm not against the idea of trading down, if it is worth it. It has to be a good deal. But then again, I am not against trading up to grab one of these star Qbs either. But that too has to be a fair deal.

trade down only if we can get a lower 1st round and a another 2rd pic in this year draft and a day to 4th round
Again this will only work if their is a team say that is in the playoffs that wants a play that we can pic for them and they will trade us their 1st round and the additional pics

so our draft can look like this:
1st (trade down 1st roundn #16 pic)
2nd
2nd (trade down 1st round #16 pic)
3rd
4th
5th (trade down 1st round #16 pic)
7th
7th

and i say that we can get some pics from the trades of T.Jones, Zgonia (back to STL), Madison, and Booker (last resort)

mcteems said:
Trading down is another option. But trading down means that you are typically setting yourself up for next year's draft. Miami may be able to trade their 16th pick for another second round pick in this draft and a second round pick in next year's draft.

That would give Miami the chance to get four 2nd round caliber players in two years. In theory, that could be four, young starters in two years. I'm not against the idea of trading down, if it is worth it. It has to be a good deal. But then again, I am not against trading up to grab one of these star Qbs either. But that too has to be a fair deal.

In my opinion I think we should trade ricky to the cardinals and switch draft positions with them. Cards would get a proven rb at a rock bottom price, and we would get get a franchise qb in Cutler? We also may have an extra 3rd rd pick if we trade sam madison in the offseason, and using one of our 3rd rd picks could be an option as well.

what do you think?

I think we need to post the draft value chart and make it a sticky. Some of these draft pick trade proposals are ridiculous value wise.

hooserdaddy said:
In my opinion I think we should trade ricky to the cardinals and switch draft positions with them. Cards would get a proven rb at a rock bottom price, and we would get get a franchise qb in Cutler? We also may have an extra 3rd rd pick if we trade sam madison in the offseason, and using one of our 3rd rd picks could be an option as well.

what do you think?

I know you mentioned this in another thread and I am not against it if Saban thinks Cutler is the guy for our team if he has question about his ability then I hope it does not happen!

SpeedRush99 said:
I think we need to post the draft value chart and make it a sticky. Some of these draft pick trade proposals are ridiculous value wise.

was that meant for me?

I have looked at the draftvalue chart and it is the same as last year. Pick 16 is 1000 pts and pick 10 is 1300 pts. pick 60 of the draft is 300 pts. I did do my research before giving my opinion. We can throw in one of our low rd picks with ricky to even it up.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

Madison for a 3rd may be a little much.

SpeedRush99 said:
Madison for a 3rd may be a little much.

you could be right, but I don't think it's impossible to get a 3rd rd pick for Ricky after his performance this year, and more importantly his low contract.

I think our best bet with Ricky, who I hope we don't trade anywhere, would be a condtional pick.

SpeedRush99 said:
I think our best bet with Ricky, who I hope we don't trade anywhere, would be a condtional pick.

I think because of his low salary a team would take a chance and give up a 3rd rd pick for him. He is a talent, and theres always teams in the nfl that will give you another chance if you have TALENT.

hooserdaddy said:
I think because of his low salary a team would take a chance and give up a 3rd rd pick for him. He is a talent, and theres always teams in the nfl that will give you another chance if you have TALENT.

I agree, but for the Dolphins to get the best value for him they should go with a conditional pick, along the lines of a 3rd or 4th but if he hits 1200 yards or so it jumps up to a 2nd.

I'd not trade Ricky for a 3rd round pick.Is good to have Ricky in case something happens to Ronnie like it did this year.
On the other subject,I don't mind trading down depending on who's onn the board at that time.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
I'd not trade Ricky for a 3rd round pick.Is good to have Ricky in case something happens to Ronnie like it did this year.
On the other subject,I don't mind trading down depending on who's onn the board at that time.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree. I definitely want to keep Ricky. As much as I want Cutler, i'd even be hesitant to trade Ricky to move up in the draft. I could really see Arizona going for that deal though.

why must we trade Ricky? If anyone could make a reasonable argument BEFORE just assuming we will or should, and then frollicking in the delusion that always follows, I'd like to hear it. Who would have carried the ball and scored all those td's if it wasn't Ricky, Sammy Morris? He is one of our best guys, helped us get Saban, and is the most talented player we have. Quit fantisizing about trading him for "a 3rd round pick"and let Saban enjoy the fruits of his amazing reclamation project.

Back
Top Bottom