Possible H-Back? GARRETT MILLS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible H-Back? GARRETT MILLS

BennyVW

I'm the Man in the Box
Reaction score
I'm thinking to the future and search for an H-back with Versatile skills.

Garrett Mills
University of Tulsa
2005 NCAA single season rec record 1,235 yards, 87 receptions
7 100+ yards rec games last year.

6'1" 248 Lbs.
40 time- 4.64
Verticle- 35 1/2"
Three cone 6.81
Short Shuttle 4.05
Long Shuttle 11.05

He beat out the athletic Vernon Davis in all of the Shutlle and cone drills. He projects as an H-back in the Chris Cooley Model. He's an adequate blocker that excells in the open field. His ball-running skills are average, and he's not a great short yardage guy. Catches balls away from his body and extends. Played TE, FB and H-back in college.

He is not a first round pick. But with sabans aquisitions at TE you know he's worried about the position. I think he'd make an excellent choice for a later round pick. Thoughts?

I think Mills will be a good H back. Im not sure we will have a shot at drafting him, nor do I see us drafting a guy like him or position. I think that we have bigger needs. I would rather get a FB that can cathc the ball, and block for Ronnie and DC.

With Linehan gone im not sure Mularkey has such a penchant and we may just go with darian barnes, that said mills appears to be a decent player

guy i wouldnt mind seeing is matt bernstein from wisconsin. could be had in the 7th and is a great blocker. good runner and pass catcher.

motioncityhifi said:
guy i wouldnt mind seeing is matt bernstein from wisconsin. could be had in the 7th and is a great blocker. good runner and pass catcher.

very true. He would pave the way for Ronnie for sure

motioncityhifi said:

Yeah he's a beast.

Back
Top Bottom