Possible replacements to replace Joe Schoen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible replacements to replace Joe Schoen

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-joe-schoen-20170514-story.html

At this time it is unclear what the Dolphins will do to replace Schoen, who served as General Manager Chris Grier’s second in command.

Anthony Hunt, who has been with the Dolphins for 23 years, is entering his fifth season as the director or pro personnel.

And Adam Engroff, who has been with the Dolphins for 18 seasons, is entering his second season as the team’s director of college scouting.

Both could be candidates for a promotion if the Dolphins want to elevate an in-house candidate.

Grier could also formally hire his father, Bobby Grier, who spent decades working and running NFL front offices before retiring as Houston’s senior personnel advisor two years ago. Bobby Grier worked with the Dolphins as a consultant this past draft.

No to Grier hiring Grier bad idea for this position especially.

No to Grier hiring Grier bad idea for this position especially.

You see nepotism, I see the guy who was partly responsible for drafting HOF'er Curtis Martin, Tom Brady, and JJ Watt. I'd take Bobby Grier for a permanent role in this organization any day regardless of family connections.

If they want to have a culture of work hard and get rewarded, they will promote from with in, as for the senior Grier, does he really want a full time job, or is he happy being a advisor

Just great. We finally start getting good talent in the door and our top scout gets picked off by an in-division rival. Oh well, that's what happens when you're successful ... it's just that usually it takes more years of success before it starts happening dangit, LOL.

You see nepotism, I see the guy who was partly responsible for drafting HOF'er Curtis Martin, Tom Brady, and JJ Watt. I'd take Bobby Grier for a permanent role in this organization any day regardless of family connections.
You make an excellent point. But the fact remains we have provided a soft landing for Joe Vit when he parted ways with New Orleans (Gase's father-in-law) and Bobby Grier (Chris Grier's dad), so I think the odds are low of Ross agreeing to promote Bobby Grier. We shall see though ... he has an eye for talent and that's the primary skill, so I'd like to keep him involved in whatever capacity we can.

Hunt has been on the college side and the pro side. Most likely he gets the job. Engroff has only been on the college side iirc.

Hopefully your right if we hire the guy and don't end up with a power struggle instead which happens often in organizations hiring family.

Let's see if Schoen takes a stack of Miami's scouts with him. Remember, the Bills gutted their entire Scouting Dept. While Tannenbaum could have blocked Schoen from interviewing for the AGM role in Buffalo, he gave him the opportunity to progress upwards. My concern is that Schoen may now lure some of Miami's best scouts and pro personnel employees with him to the Bills.

Just read an article on mmqb about this lovefest taking place up in Buffalo. Sounds doomed from reading the transcript. Kind of a man crush between the new coach and GM.
Still though, Buffalo managed to pilfer one of our Nazi scientists. Not cool, Scone, not cool. Buffalo always steals from us. It's compulsive at this point. They're losing streak has turned them into the kleptomaniacs of the AFC East.

He won't hire his father. This is a young man's job and Grier's father is no kid and not up for that kind of travel and involvement at his age

Back
Top Bottom