Possible RFA Dealings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible RFA Dealings

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This one stands out to me because we would be getting a starter for only a 5th rounder. (ripped from ESPN):

OG/OT Oliver Ross, Pittsburgh (compensation: No. 5): Since he appeared in just two games his first two seasons, not even the Pittsburgh staff was quite sure what it had in the former Iowa State player. But then the Steelers discovered in 2001 he might be a player on the rise. Ross started at left tackle against Baltimore, replacing injured Wayne Gandy, and had an excellent performance against Ravens end Michael McCrary. He has good stature (6-feet-4, 310 pounds) and work ethic and gained plenty of confidence when afforded playing time in 2001. Ross might not have enough speed to play outside, but he certainly should be able to line up at guard and play well. He's an interesting guy for some team seeking a young offensive lineman who appears prepared to move up to the next level. The Cleveland Browns might have some interest in him.

Any other RFA's look interesting?

Van

There are others, but stick with the Ross idea, I like it a lot...
Keep putting that name out there.

Re: Van

Originally posted by RHoffman
There are others, but stick with the Ross idea, I like it a lot...
Keep putting that name out there.

Ya I like this one because it's only a 5th rounder and the steelers are notoriously cheap in resigning their own. Getting an up and comer for a 5th rounder is a good risk.

Back
Top Bottom