Possible Situation that I dont like..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Situation that I dont like.....

wpgfishfan said:
I asked this before and no one answered

Say Ronnie Brown is holding out and misses the first 2 games

Can Ricky appeal his suspension which he will lose but what this might do is push his suspension form the first 4 games (when RB is not here) to games 3,4,5,6

Probaly too late for an appeal at this point. Ronnie will be in camp just give it a while before we dream up things..

While I don't think that this will turn into a long hold out situation, some players might want to take a looke at the Brees/Rivers situation from last year, had Rivers not held out he would have been the starter most likely, he held out and Brees made the best of it.

Yes he still is getting paid nicely for not playing, I am sure he much rather be playing and increasing his value for his next contract rather then holding a clipboard.

What happens if Ronnie holds out and Lamar starts the season and lights it up, then along comes Ricky and he is the old Ricky. It would be hard to yank either of them to throw a rookie hold out into the game.

I realize it's a big what if, but it's always a possibility. Now Ronnie becomes not quite as valuable as he would like.

it's too early to know what will happen and the media is the only reason that this question was brought up, Brown will be in training camp no worries

I still think if Ronnie misses a big chunk of training camp....its the ugly RB rotation from last year....that will start this year....Minor, Morris, Gordon, and who ever else we dig up from the grave.

I wouldn't worry too much, the dolphins have a pretty good Idea what Brown will cost us. If you take last years #2 pick (Robert Gallery) and add 4-8% you should be in the ballpark. Gallery's bonus last year was 8 Mil and with the 4-8% it should be a 8.5 mil bonus. That's my guess

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Dont worry guys, As much as I would like to make you worry more, If ROnnie Brown is as good as you think, He can hold out until the 1st game and he will be fine.

LT sat out the whole preseason or atleast most of it, and he came in and started the 1st game rushing for over 100 yards on 30 + carries.

RB's dont need too much practice. They just run to daylight. The only thing Ide worry about is his blitz pickup.
Very good point. It happened with Lamar Gordon last year, we got him a day before the first game so when he came in he missed a few blitzes, one that led to an interception.

wpgfishfan said:
I asked this before and no one answered

Say Ronnie Brown is holding out and misses the first 2 games

Can Ricky appeal his suspension which he will lose but what this might do is push his suspension form the first 4 games (when RB is not here) to games 3,4,5,6

I doubt the league would look favorably to an appeal from Ricky so late that it would force a postponement of his suspension. They did offer Ricky the option of serving his suspension over the last 4 games of the '04 season provided he immediately re-enter the substance abuse program. After Ricky's agent and the league had finalized the details of the agreement Ricky refused the deal. So, if Ricky decides not to appeal now, when a ruling could be reached before the start of the season, but appeals later and it even smells like it may only be a ploy to allow him to start the season, the league would not be happy and would almost certainly deny the appeal immediately.
Ricky needs to be the perfect citizen for a while and do everything the League and Dolphins ask of him, with no questions asked.

Alex Smith has to sign his contract first to establish a scale before we see any movement on contract negotiations of the top 5 picks of the draft.Apparently his negotiations are going smoothly so I dont anticipate much of a holdout this year.Brown should not miss a beat.

I'm not worried about Ronnie holding out.

He's a bright kid. He probably knows what a long holdout will do. (fan apathy, falling behind the learning curve, missing reps).

He might miss a bit of camp but he'll be there at some point. Saban and Mueller will sign him and he'll be the starter week one.

Brown is just waiting until Smith signs in San Fran. This is typical because Smith's contract will set the ceiling and give Ronnies agent his bargaining borders.

relax fins 05 we have kay jay harris and i will personaly guarantee that if he gets the chance he will run for 200 yrds in one game the biggest concern should be dt and qb .

wyatt erp said:
relax fins 05 we have kay jay harris and i will personaly guarantee that if he gets the chance he will run for 200 yrds in one game the biggest concern should be dt and qb .
Guarantee? Looks like Wyatt's got a little bit of Joe Namath in him.

Alex Smith will have his contract done by the end of July according to Passquerrlli

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the top pick in the draft, QB Alex Smith, is expected to reach an agreement with San Francisco two or three days before the team's July 28 report date for camp.

Brown will be in camp by AUgust 1

nick1 said:
it's too early to know what will happen and the media is the only reason that this question was brought up, Brown will be in training camp no worries

ditto...

DrAstroZoom said:
Any Ronnie Brown holdout will not stretch into the regular season. I guarantee it.

It can't even be considered a holdout, because no real negotiations have been made at this point. Ronnie's agent is just waiting to make an offer.

Back
Top Bottom