post Game Analysis........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

post Game Analysis........

DeDolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is a post that I saw on another board that I think pretty well sums up today's game. Like it or not, here it is............

> The Dolphins played a poor game today. The weakness that stands out to me the most was the pass rush. There was none. This is a QB that is used to being on his ***, and we didn't touch him once I believe. Seau played a good game, but the rest of the defense was nowhere to be found. Taylor, Madison, Thomas, Surtain, Knight, etc were all invisible. The over the hill Seau was the only guy I saw making plays. The defense played an atrocious game.

Special teams were awful too. The punting game was the worst. How many punts did bitch *** Royals shank? This guy is a pathetic punter. Christopher Reeves could have done a better job. Charlie Rogers didn't do anything special on returns. The coverage units were mediocre. This is supposed to be a team strength! We picked up where we left off last year.

The offense was the most puzzling aspect. We couldn't run the ball consistently with the best RB in the league. Our receivers could not get open, except for Chambers, more on him later. Fiedler was having a solid game until crunch time. I have seen enough of him. He really can't win it when the good ones do. I don't expect to have a QB that can throw deep all the time, but don't throw a ****ing deep out late in the game against a veteran CB to a slow receiver when you aren't Favre orMarino! And the offensive line, as shaky as it is, DID give Fiedler enough time. So either the WRs were not getting open, he couldn't make a decision, or both. I think it's both. This offense is going to be in deep **** if the defense doesn't play to its ProBowl potential.

Chambers finally had a breakout game, but it's not enough... but I was happy for him. He showed us what we have been wanting to see for two years now. Hope he keeps it up. I will at least root for him to do well if the rest of the team really sucks this bad.

Overall, I was very disappointed, and who isn't? I know it's early and maybe Houston is better than expected, but come on...

We sucked. >

Knight invisible? He lead the team in tackles. Zach wasnt either.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Knight invisible? He lead the team in tackles. Zach wasnt either.

Even on a bad day, someone has to lead in each category anyway. Doesn't mean they lit it up tho. But like I said, i'm just passing it on! ;)

I thought Thomas played pretty goos along with Seau. Knight had a costly penalty and took some bad angles in tackling. The rest of the post is right on though.

Knight and GREENWOOD were the only players who played to their potential in this game. Only reason it's greenwood is because he is the least of our defense, it doesn't take a whole lot for him to reach his expectations, at least from this fin fan.

Rogers had one hole ALL DAY..

I agree that Fiedler made a weak pass at the end of the game to Thompson, but Thompson made the sudden stop and turn-around. You know he saw the defender right before he turned around, therefore, after the turn why didn't he try to knock the ball down when he saw it coming, or come to the ball more to make a play?? I'm not placing the blame on Thompson by any means, but look at all the factors involved. Lot's of people didn't make plays when they were supposed in this game, penalties really killed us, and Ricky only had 17 carries.

The #1 thing I don't understand, is that Houston had 1 TO left and less than 4 Min remaining on the clock. Why would we call a pass play on 2nd down and 14?? Run the ball, who cares if Ricky doesn't get a single yard, it will kill 5-6 seconds off the play, and another 40 seconds to run another?? Didn't Wanny learn his lesson from the last game of the season against NE?? Obviously not. WE HAVE RICKY WILLIAMS, so GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL!! 17 carries is pathetic. Especially when we had the lead!!! Like I said before there are a lot of people that f*cked up today, so we can't place blame on one play or one player, BUT the statement of Fiedler not playing well at the end of games is BS. Fiedler has won us games at the end, today he didn't...so what. Brett Favre sucked today, so did Tom Brady, and Kurt Warner. The important thing now is to look ahead, and forget about this game because it is over. Regardless if it was Houston or not. I am still a Dolphins fan, and I will root even harder next week against the JETS. Some of you people need to chill out. This loss will only make us better I think. We will take this out on the JETS next week, wait and see. Week 1 doesn't mean anything, and it wasn't even a division loss. All we can say is....BETTER LUCK NEXT WEEK!!!!

It was a debacle. There are some questions that I think are quite legitimate:

- Is the defense, especially the DB's, getting too old? Have they all lost a step?

- Is the OL a huge problem on this team? If we cannot go out and dominate a team like the Texans', who can we dominate? If Ricky Williams can't get a 100 against this team, what's wrong with the OL and the mixing of plays?

- Where was the coaching? How poorly are they doing in motivating the players? In developing schemes and making adjustments to what other teams do? Is this team, in reality, a very poorly coached team? Is the organization wrong about the talent level of certain players?

To me, all these are much more legitimate questions today. I'll be happy if today was a fluke, but, given that these guys are not a bunch of rookies, it's hard to imagine that such is the only problem.

Originally posted by Samphin
I thought Thomas played pretty goos along with Seau. Knight had a costly penalty and took some bad angles in tackling. The rest of the post is right on though.

I see what you're saying but i think this guy's basic point is that overall, our vaunted D simply, as a unit, came nowhere close to getting the job done.

With that said, where was "our D" yesterday? Surely it wasn't our's and must've been borrowed from somewhere else. Our guys don't "play" like that home. On the road, yes, but not at home.
:(

Back
Top Bottom