Post game locker room speech and game ball | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post game locker room speech and game ball

His little clap after each statement is starting to annoy me, it's like shows some passion, insert golf clap. Also his phrases are now redundant. 60 minutes, complete team effort, blah blah. Same old routine at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. Every post game is the same kind of thing. Philbin is trying to boom his voice as he says "hell of a job" and every one gives their complementary clap. There's no inspiration at all. I know some will say you don't have to be a rah rah coach and I know that. There's just something about Philbin that doesn't inspire. I can't describe it but I do think our team reflects him and that's why we are average at best. Since he is coming back I will hope he leads our team to great success next year and get behind him one more time.

Eh, I don't know that Philbin is a lame duck. I really don't. This isn't like the Sparano situation where Ross just flat out cut Tony's legs out from under him. It seems clear as day to me that:

1. Steve Ross loves Joe Philbin and absolutely wants to give him every opportunity imaginable to stay the head coach of the Dolphins.

2. By coming out this early and this strongly in favor of Joe, it lends credibility to the idea that the ownership is squarely in the coach's corner.

Again, would have preferred a change, but I appreciate that the way Ross has gone about this means that Joe is NOT going to be a lame duck like Tony was in 2011 or Jim Harbaugh was this year.

In other words, Steve Ross is who we thought he was. And he is clueless.

His little clap after each statement is starting to annoy me, it's like shows some passion, insert golf clap. Also his phrases are now redundant. 60 minutes, complete team effort, blah blah. Same old routine at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't watch.

Yep, I think Ross handled it well, and he didnt let the media get any control over the situation. He put the issue to bed at the right time. Whether you agree with the decision or not, the timing was right.

Maybe Ross has the prerogative to change his mind.

Congratulations Joe for leading this team to yet another underwhelming season! Have a game ball!

San Fran has a worse record than Miami under the supreme leader Harbaugh. Weird how that happens.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I don't know. Every post game is the same kind of thing. Philbin is trying to boom his voice as he says "hell of a job" and every one gives their complementary clap. There's no inspiration at all. I know some will say you don't have to be a rah rah coach and I know that. There's just something about Philbin that doesn't inspire. I can't describe it but I do think our team reflects him and that's why we are average at best. Since he is coming back I will hope he leads our team to great success next year and get behind him one more time.

If players need a coach that flips out and cusses all day they might need to sign with WWE.

Philbin: "We can do some amazing things."

Yeah Joe, except win a big game or make the playoffs. Other than that, amazing, just amazing!

I always like these, but look at the Jaguars one. Thats one fired up coach.

Yep, a coach who was 4-12 last year and 3-12 this year further illustrating that a "fired up coach" does nothing to help you win football games.

Ross didn't want to get into a bidding war for Harbaugh. That war has the makings of a circus and I don't blame Ross for avoiding it. Only one team ends up with JH and the loses end up behind the 8 ball trying to find a replacement late in the process.

Yep, a coach who was 4-12 last year and 3-12 this year further illustrating that a "fired up coach" does nothing to help you win football games.
Just thought it was cool breh

Eh, I don't know that Philbin is a lame duck. I really don't. This isn't like the Sparano situation where Ross just flat out cut Tony's legs out from under him. It seems clear as day to me that:

1. Steve Ross loves Joe Philbin and absolutely wants to give him every opportunity imaginable to stay the head coach of the Dolphins.

2. By coming out this early and this strongly in favor of Joe, it lends credibility to the idea that the ownership is squarely in the coach's corner.

Again, would have preferred a change, but I appreciate that the way Ross has gone about this means that Joe is NOT going to be a lame duck like Tony was in 2011 or Jim Harbaugh was this year.

This!

He actually turned and was about to present it to Wheeler but then he just kept it. Wheeler got totally faked out by the move and fell on the floor looking for the ball...which was still in Philbin's hand.

That was before he tried to hand the ball to Brian Hartline but no one knew where Hartline had Disappeared too

Back
Top Bottom