Pouncey Walking With a Cane? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey Walking With a Cane?

Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey was seen on crutches at the funeral of former college teammate Aaron Hernandez on Monday.

Pouncey continues to rehabilitate a hip injury but a league source indicated there has not been a setback and his recovery is on track.

At the NFL owner’s meetings, coach Adam Gase made it clear there is a plan in place for Pouncey which may include “bubble wrap.”

Pouncey will be protected as needed — meaning preseason practice and even preseason games are not likely a priority — with the only goal to ensure he is eligible to play 16-plus games in 2017.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...lphins-center-mike-pouncey-still-on-crutches/

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 3m3 minutes ago
More
The Dolphins were not surprised by the photo. In fact, Pouncey on crutches at this stage of the offseason is part of his rehab process.

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 3m3 minutes ago
More
Pouncey DID NOT need an additional surgery. He has not suffered a setback. His plan is still to play in Week 1.

The interior of the Oline should've been dealt with in Fa, including Pouncey's injury fill in. Maybe that's Larsen? Who knows. No need to further speculate on stupid.

so pouncey on crutches means we should take an o line in round 1?

nah

This is not good, as in really really bad! Now I'm thinking we take Forest Lamp in the draft. They say he can also play center and it looks like we definitely need some coverage there. Not good!

[TWEET]856590898729295872[/TWEET]

Pictures taken by photographers outside of Aaron Hernandez’s private memorial service show Pouncey back on crutches.

Pouncey, the Pro Bowl center who hasn’t been able to stay healthy the last three seasons, missed all but five games in 2016 with a recurring hip injury. He’s needed surgery on both hips in recent years.

However, the team was neither surprised nor alarmed by the development. Pouncey did not need an additional surgery and did not suffer a setback. Pouncey on crutches, even five months since the last time he took a snap, is part of his rehab process.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article146439994.html

We're going OG in round 1 or two, get ready for it. Larsen can fill in for Pouncey when the inevitable happens.

Center should have been addressed years ago. Alas, here we are thinking this guy is going to play a full 16 game season despite it's something he has't done in 4 years. Neat.

Center should have been addressed years ago. Alas, here we are thinking this guy is going to play a full 16 game season despite it's something he has't done in 4 years. Neat.

It's beyond stupid. That's what always frustrated the hell out of me with the clowns who have been in charge. It's a problem that's clear to see. They get paid for a living to do this. I don't. Why am I, Joe Six Joints able to see the glaring need, yet it doesn't get addressed?

Looks like Mike but Maurkice could be using one too.

0424-aaron-hernandez-funeral-main-ap-6.jpg

looks like Mike is eyeballing Aarons lady.

Wouldn't Pouncey be better off moving to Guard considering his hip issues? He wouldn't need to bend down as low and I would think that would help his hip issues.

Wouldn't Pouncey be better off moving to Guard considering his hip issues? He wouldn't need to bend down as low and I would think that would help his hip issues.

Still needs to get to the second level in our ZBS as a guard and play with leverage. Position movement wouldn't help him.

I am taking Lamp in the first AND Pat Elfein in the third, if available.

Unless Pouncey surprises everyone and plays for 16 games, I could see this being his final season as a Dolphin.

Hate to pile on the guy but in addition to the cane, he looks overweight. Which obviously is something that would come with not being able to work out but his face is much puffier than his brother's and his jacket looks ready to burst.

I am a positive guy by nature and always think things will work out but I am seeing the end coming for this guy.

Plan B at center needs to be someone better than Ted Larsen.

Back
Top Bottom