Pouncey wants to be released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey wants to be released

My guess is he was asked take a pay cut? If this happens it will make my day.

I'm curious how this works contractually? If a player asks to be release vs. he's cut by the team. Does the number work out the same way? IMO, it shouldn't.

So who are the top centers in the draft class and where will they be available?

I'm a big fan of Ragnow out of Arkansas but unless we move around our draft picks we would have to hope he falls to our second round pick.

He is soft and maybe a backup for someone else. I’m glad his sorry ass is gone. I saw this **** working out in a gym once and felt real sorry for Ryan because Pouncey is an out of shape POS.

They definitely told him to take pay cut, and he got butthurt lol.

Carrying a 9 million dollar cap hit on a guy with degenerative hips would've been foolish. Pouncey was good player at his peak, but he is on borrowed time.

I'm curious how this works contractually? If a player asks to be release vs. he's cut by the team. Does the number work out the same way? IMO, it shouldn't.
A cut is a cut. It doesn't matter whether the player asked for it, wasn't consulted, or begged to stay.

Sounds like the team asked all the big $$ players to rework their deals and Pouncey and Suh said no - Wake and Tannehill said yes. Likely the team gave him an option take a cut, rework his deal or be subject to being released and he said "release me then."

Looks like Jones re-worked his deal too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom