Pouncey's Both Retired ... and other surprising notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey's Both Retired ... and other surprising notes

Didn't follow Houston to closely this year. Does Watt have anything left? I know a few years ago he was among the best defenders in the game.
Left? Absolutely. Dependability .... no. Bill Parcells always stressed keeping your salary cap on the field and out of the trainers room. That is Watt's issue, much like it has been for Mike Pouncey. That's why he can't command his salary ... he doesn't play enough games.

If Miami took a chance on Tua so will the other teams as well. It will scary to know that Lawrence would be dropping out of the top 2. This could pretty much rewrite every mock draft.

".... pretty much rewrite every mock draft".

What a tragedy -LOL, well, maybe they'll get it right the 2nd time or the 3rd ad infinitum.

The Pouncey Brothers situation could be interesting come second round if Creed lasts that long.Waiting to pick#50 might have Creed gone. Pick #36 might have to be the pick if you're not resigning Karras.

This may have more of an effect on our FO's drafting then many here believe; if what I feel about the strong possibility of our getting a center early in the draft is correct.

With more emphasis from those two teams in getting another Center is strong enough, then I feel we'll either get a Center earlier in the draft, or not at all.

This situation may also add more pressure on teams who want to trade up for our number 3 selection. This could really work in our favor if we can get an exceptionally good offer for our 3rd, 1st round pick.

Left? Absolutely. Dependability .... no. Bill Parcells always stressed keeping your salary cap on the field and out of the trainers room. That is Watt's issue, much like it has been for Mike Pouncey. That's why he can't command his salary ... he doesn't play enough games.
He played and started all 16 games last year. Only had 5 sacks. Idt, he has much left. But yeah, three of his last five years he missed a lot of time.

Back
Top Bottom