Poyer to Miami | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poyer to Miami

Poyer knows Coach McD from their days together in Cleveland, FWIW. For a young guy, McD seems to love leveraging his prior experiences for his staff and players. I guess most of the league is kinda like that.

Poyer's lost a step (or 2 ,or 3) in coverage; will turn 33 by the draft, but should still bring smarts, hard hits, and sure tackling for low $$ to our safety rotation. I sure hope, outside of Holland, that it is a rotation.

Wilkins, I agree.

AVG? I love the hustle. But if you're going to try to convince me he'll out-produce Barrett in 2024...that's going to be a long conversation.

I'm with ya Bro, AvG was nowhere to be found after Chubb went down. Where were the plays when we needed them against Barfalo, and KC? Love the player but there's a reason he was second team.

I hope you’re right. But Gink has always found a way to get the football be it on blocked punts, fumbles or INTs. He’s a baller. Haven’t seen Barrett play in a few years. Hopefully he’s still effective. Only 4.5 sacks last year. Not awful.

Just to revisit this for a minute:

In 2023, Shaq Barrett:

1) Came back from an Achilles tear.
2) Lost his daughter to a drowning accident.

I mean...that's bat**** crazy.

From 2019-2021, the guy AVERAGED 12.5 sacks per year. 2022 he tore his achilles. 2023...well, that's above.

I'm no Nostradamus, but I figure the guy is a high-value pickup.

Just to revisit this for a minute:

In 2023, Shaq Barrett:

1) Came back from an Achilles tear.
2) Lost his daughter to a drowning accident.

I mean...that's bat**** crazy.

From 2019-2021, the guy AVERAGED 12.5 sacks per year. 2022 he tore his achilles. 2023...well, that's above.

I'm no Nostradamus, but I figure the guy is a high-value pickup.
Holy cow had no idea about either of those things. That’s absolutely tragic.

This one is suspiciously cheap. Was always a big fan. He never relied heavily on speed so not super worried there but he's been hurt a ton. Great signing nonetheless.

This team could be fishing with dynamite if Grier could handle FA and someone else ran the draft.

Definitely not washed up.
Little injury prone
Yeah, but plays through injuries like an animal.

If he's out of a game, it's because he quite literally cannot get out of bed.

Anyone else remember when Poyer chose to travel in a van to Kansas City and played, because he was not cleared to fly, due to healing from a collapsed lung.

Back
Top Bottom