Practcice Yesterday My experience | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practcice Yesterday My experience

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
WOW What an Afternoon!

This is a F/u to my earlier posts about my visit to Dolphins Practice.

I work for wachovia and they had a special Sponsor day at the practice yesterday for a select few from the bank. I will start from the begining.

I showed up around 3:15pm and checked in at the VIP Table. They gave these VIP cards to carry around our necks that said VIP Limited Access and walked us to our section. The section is in the West endzone area of the playing Field and right next to the Locker Room entrance and exit. They had food and Drinks for us ready.

Practice began at 4pm but players started coming to the field around 3:45pm so I pulled out the camera and took pictures of players coming out of locker room very close pictures of the players.

Next the Defense started running play drills(NO DL) with the first team defense on the field and Second team defense lining up at offense. They were about 15 feet away from us excellent pics I hope. I was able to snatch of a great Picture of Seau,Thomas and Moore Lined up in pre snap formation EXCELLENT shot it was pretty exciting just watching them together.

Now the fun starts. At 4:30pm a tour guide from guest relations rounded us up for the begining of tour. SHe walked us around the entrance to the main facility as you walk in they have a showcase room full of memrobelia and a walk through fins hall of fame. I took lots of pics especially next to Marinos locker which they encased and moved to the showcase with everything left in it. They also had the super bowl Trophies displayed and lots of pictures of Hall of fame players from the phins and parts of there uniform.

Next was the Meeting Room where the whole team gathers to go over practice and Game footage. The Technology in these rooms are about ten years advanced compared to ours.
The Tour guide explained a couple of things for instance no players are being paid salary yet, and also all rooks and veterans must stay in a hotel and they get publicly transported back and forth. Also she explained this device they have that if one of our players runs a play that is not normally what he is supposed to run and it works they can type in some info and every player that has run that same style play in the last 28 yrs and it will show the footage.(Pretty Cool)

As we walked towards the locker room we passed the individual Meeting rooms that is used by individual positions I was able to snatch a pic of our Playbook which is thicker than miamis Yellow Pages. I was also Able to snatch a pic of Ricky williams personal folder I guess with his personal plays and the blue folder was labled with his name.

Next we Entered the sacred Locker Room. Wow I must have taked atleast 20-30pics in here.Let me breakdown what I saw in the room
Everybodys jewelery including Rolexs and watches and rings were laying around.

Seau had last sundays pic of Thomas signing autographs on his locker but he had written all over it making jokes about thomas which they do share lockers next to each other. Seau also had an autograph of jim Brown hung up also.

Rickys locker was full of pictures drawn by kids, and his meal was sitting there in a plastic COntainer ( Garbonzo Beans). He also had to the corner of locker in a post it note OG"S Cell phone # which I of course took a picture of.

Lots of players have Ladies Phone#s posted everywhere.

Lots of Players also had Pictures of them and teamates,friends and family members.

They had the Music blasting when we walked in (HIP HOP) of course if any of you have been to a home game you know what happens when they play hip hop at the stadium.

Two other things I observed first They each have atleast 8 pairs of shoos in each locker.
Second There is a cool board sitting in the Middle of the ROOM
which states ROAD TO SUPERBOWL which Each game that we play labeled going up in an angle and It all LEads to the Vince Lombardi Trophy With the Date on it. The Guide states this is new. ( So obviously all that Talk about taking one game at a time, that wanny and the players say to the media is a bunch of hype) The team feeling is, there is only one GOAL.

Next we had a tour of the Weight Room pretty cool lots of cool signs and cool sayings posted everywhere. All Updated Equipment
Cool.

The tour was over and they walked us back to our section. Didnt get to see much of practice,but what I did get to see was a nice 45 yard TD between Fiedler and CC Burned I think Surtain.

Practice ended at 6:15pm I was able to get a couple of autographs from Thomas, Nat Moore, CC, Timbo, Fiedler,Rosenfels,Knight,Gadsen, and a coulple more.

I was able to take a picture with Thomas, Fiedler, and Gadsen.

I have about 61 pictures to load up which I am going to get hopefully AJ Or another Moderator to Help. I am having them downloand as we speak at my fiances office and put onto a CD.

I will posts the pics when I can and comments with each PIC!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Post!
Can't wait to see the Pics.
Thanks for the insider tour.

Really Cool. Thanks. I have an inside man at Wachovia too. Maybe one day he'll grace me with the tour as well.

Dude, just let me know when you're ready and I'll hook you up (PM me). :)

Nice post. :up:

Thanks...........

for the in depth detail of your tour Chubby. We all really appreciate it!!:cool:

"Rickys locker was full of pictures drawn by kids, and his meal was sitting there in a plastic COntainer ( Garbonzo Beans). He also had to the corner of locker in a post it note OG"S Cell phone # which I of course took a picture of."

Someone needs to get OG's cell number off that picture, give him a call, and tell him to go eat some of Ricky's garbanzo beans so he can lose a few pounds AND get faster. Those beans seem to have worked wonders for RW.

Its was pretty cool to see all the post it notes that People leave messages while they are in practice, calls from agents, publishers, woman ETC>>

Man, that is cool. I worked in the Internal Audit department at Wachovia a few years ago, and I never got to do anything like that. Maybe I should have stuck around!

im a financial specislist at a branch and they give perks for sales staff. Its the least they can do for the stress they give us.

Sounds like it was a great experience.

I've been going to camps since they were at St. Thomas and I've never gotten to even peek into the locker room or behind any closed doors. I'm really looking forward to your pics! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom