Practice Squad / Cap / Roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Squad / Cap / Roster

EddieIrvine13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Obviously we have established the league minimum at 45 players. I have chosen to have 53 players on my roster. I do not want to cut any more players because they all have potential and only make 305, 380, 225K, etc. Here are my questions.

1. With 53 players, do I only count the top 51 salaries in my cap?

2. If so, can I put a certain amount of players in a practice squad? (like 5 and have 58 players, top 51 counting against the cap)

This could make things more interesting... make the draft picks in the later rounds worth something. And even undrafted free agents.

What do you all think?

No one wants to comment on this?

Also, FA has slowed down a lot. I think we need to decide on prices for draft picks (there were good suggestiosn in that other thread, but nothing was decided). This way people can make their appropriate cuts if applicable before the draft so free agency can come to an end. Also, we need to decide when to do the draft. I think we should DEFINITELY do OUR draft before THE draft. Otherwise, I have a feeling our draft might be based off of the real draft for a lot of picks.

personally i say no for the practice squad, simply because whats the point... you just get to keep extra players on your practice squad in hopes they bust out this year then act like a genius saying "i knew it"... if they are worth a roster spot, fit them in your 53. Im not sure how the top 51 rule works, i think my roster will top out with around 50guys or so, so im just counting everyone and i have plenty of starters and backups all across the field as you can see from my team.

If you look at last year, and with a lot of missing owners i think the draft will be hurt this year, and also they didnt get to the later rounds even so i wouldnt worry about it too much.

I agree on starting the draft as soon as we can.. FA is dried up

Back
Top Bottom