Practice Updates 8/28 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Updates 8/28

I think it is a sign of the mindset of the fan base when everyone is assuming the worst about an injury when no reports have come out other than he is being looked at.

Without brendel we now have a serious problem if Larsen is out any real time.

Gase with a endorsement of Sterup. Welcome to the 53 kid barring a collapse in the Thursday finale.

Ask gase to keep you away from hilland. He’s so bad.

Have you paid any attention to eric smith out there? I havent really noticed much but I recall he was looking ok last preseason, maybe give him some run at guard

I think we toyed with Asiata at center before also, have to think he's next man up as an interior backup

Have you paid any attention to eric smith out there? I havent really noticed much but I recall he was looking ok last preseason, maybe give him some run at guard

Haven’t seen smith at guard think he’s in the dog house at tackle and in line to be cut.

This news helps Asiata most of everybody. He’s gotten run at both guard spots and likely would get pivot looks Thursday. In fact if Larsen is long term or out week 1 and brendel is a no go I’d give Asiata the start on the pivot.

I think they know Mathews isn’t ready. They should

No point wasting giving him the start even though he could use the reps. He’s going to p squad

Hopefully Larsen or brendel can go week 1

Haven’t seen smith at guard think he’s in the dog house at tackle and in line to be cut.

This news helps Asiata most of everybody. He’s gotten run at both guard spots and likely would get pivot looks Thursday. In fact if Larsen is long term or out week 1 and brendel is a no go I’d give Asiata the start on the pivot.

No point wasting giving him the start even though he could use the reps. He’s going to p squad

I wouldn't bank on brendel being back just because of our lack of info. seems PUP bound. Larsen, who knows yet. But what makes you think smith is in the house? I thought at RT he was ok? Maybe not, I cant say I was able to pay full attention one the games started getting into the depth guys. But it did feel like Asiata was at least clobbering dudes on some plays, and then holding on others

Smiths run came as the 3rd string left tackle and only for a late series in the game and then he was out.

Looks to me like sterup has surpassed him and sterup has gotten left and right tackle 2nd team run now in games.

I like seeing James run laps, let's get these stupid penalties taken care of. No more shooting ourselves in the foot!

Smiths run came as the 3rd string left tackle and only for a late series in the game and then he was out.
Didnt realize that. I knew he was the RT last year... anyways, I've seen Sterup look better than before at least for sure

Sterup had trouble with the power rush last year. Guys up under his pad level. Looks like he’s cleaned some of that up this year.

Better anchor. Looks tackle only however

Smith gets overextended and drops his head.

Didn't asiata get some reps at center too??

braku9wn

What Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase just said
7 minutes ago
By Joe Schad, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

DAVIE —
Here are some things Adam Gase said today:

• William Hayes (hamstring) is on track for Week 1.

• The best thing Reshad Jones brings is experience. He is also a uniquely talented tackler.

• It’s important to play better than last week.

• OT Zach Sterup has been very consistent.

• Don’t know yet what it up with injured G/C Ted Larsen.

• These rookies don’t feel like rookies. They’re different.

The more Tony Lippett plays the more comfortable he’s getting. We want to get him extra snaps in this game. Challenge receivers. Use your length.

Dolphins RB Kenyan Drake’s mindset: ‘Never let my feet stop moving’

ttps://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/football/what-miami-dolphins-coach-adam-gase-just-said/YjF4D7zNQKhbg55rQMo5tL/

We'll see if Burke actually let's Lippett challenge receivers. And, if he does, remember, the plan is to let him challenge receivers, thus, that's the game plan - not a sign Burke called the wrong D.

Back
Top Bottom