Praise Martin-Oguike- move to OLB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Praise Martin-Oguike- move to OLB?

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Given the McMillan injury, the possibility of Lawrence Timmons moving back to MLB out of necessity, the solid depth at DE and the DL in general, the troubling lack of depth at the LB position, the potential of Oguike and also his size, I'm wondering if we should take a look at Oguike at OLB sooner rather than later. Not a great clip here at :39 but he does have some movement and coverage skills and bottom line, dude is a player:

Hindsite, foresight, whatever- we should have signed David Harris. He was picked up for a song by, of course, the Patriots.

I don't remember even seeing him on Thursday. Chase Allen is the guy who stuck out

I don't remember even seeing him on Thursday. Chase Allen is the guy who stuck out

Yeah I like Chase Allen, good pickup, but like I said it's a depth issue and given his playmaking ability and size at about 6-1 255 I'm wondering what Oguike could do at OLB. He's not the fastest guy, about a 4.80 40 time, that is a concern, but he's a good overall athlete.

Alex Khvatov: What was the feedback that you received from scouts during the all-star game weekend?

Praise Martin-Oguike: It was good feedback. They believe I can play in the league. They said that I would be a good player. Different teams saw me in different ways in their defense and how I fit into their system. I asked a lot of questions. They felt that I had the quickest first step at the Tropical Bowl as a pass rusher.

Alex Khvatov: You are going to make the transition from DE to LB at the next level. What is that adjustment going to be like for you?

Praise Martin-Oguike: I am a pass rusher. I have been doing it for the last few years. I played Mike at Temple my freshman year. I am going to have to learn the LB position. I felt comfortable playing it in the Tropical Bowl. OLB is already something I have a feel for. In our defense, we dropped back and learned the pass concepts. It will be a different transition.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2245-2/

I saw him a couple of times on thursday. I could be wrong but he looked to be carrying more weight than in this video. Didn't look like anyone who'd be converted anytime soon.

I don't see him being anywhere near fast enough. Kid has some serious power drive in those legs.... I'll give him that.

Back
Top Bottom