Pre-draft interview with Taylor Whitley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-draft interview with Taylor Whitley

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
From NFL draft showcase...I just took the interview and gave credit, I hope that doesn't violate anything.

AT: Describe to us your feelings of the draft/scouting process, what stands out, what has been good, what has been bad and what has surprised you?
TW: It has been great meeting all these people I've heard so much about, like superstar players and coaches. The bad thing is everything is so subjective and there are no clear answers to anything! Some teams like you, some don't and there isn't much you can do about it. It has surprised me how slow time has moved between January and April.

AT: So far, what are you hearing as far as interested teams and where you may end up?

TW: I haven't heard much of anything since our Pro-Day, but I had good workouts there and at the combine, so hopefully I have helped myself. I've heard a wide range from 3rd round to Free Agent.

AT: What do you feel are the most important things a Guard needs?

TW: More than anything, a tenacious attitude. You have to get after whoever they line up in front of you over, and over, and over again, and refuse to let up. It gets D-linemen frustrated and I love that.

AT: Are the trench battles really as fierce as they're made out to be?

TW: In a word, YES! That is where the game is won or lost.

AT: Toughest guys you've had to block?

TW: Ty Warren, period.

AT: Easier to block for, pocket guy (ie:Mark Farris), scrambler (ie:Reggie McNeal)?

TW: You know where a pocket guy is gonna be at all times, but a scrambler can sure make an O-Line look good. Both have their advantages.

AT: Other than yourself, who were the most talented Aggie players on last year's team (not just Seniors)?

TW: Ty Warren, Marcus Jasmin, Geoff Hangartner, and Jaxson Appel

AT: Do you have a team you'd like to play for in the NFL? Why?

Staying in Texas would be really nice, but I really have no preference. I just want the chance to keep playing.

AT: Do you often check the net or read the magazines about the draft?

TW: Unfortunately, all the time. I always like to see if people have something good, or bad, to say about me.

True or False: Holding is not called on you as often as it could be:
TW: False!!! If it isn't called, it isn't holding!

AT: How much of the draft are you going to watch on TV?

TW: The first day I will be at a good friend's wedding, so very little. The second day, the less I have to watch the better!

AT: Last, describe why you will have a successful NFL career:

TW: I play hard, I prepare harder.

Sounds like he's a guy who will fight ya.

Back
Top Bottom