Pre-draft opinions question?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-draft opinions question??

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
I saw this question posted on another site and thought I would ask a similar question here. With so may people enjoying giving their pre-draft opinions and mock drafts would you rather see the team draft a player you mocked to Miami or graded high, but have them end up failing in the long run... or draft a player you weren't high on but turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Sometime it feels like some of us, myself included, get more caught up in wanting to be proven right about our pre-draft analysis that we don't really want to wait to see how the players turn out. If I say draft Eli Apple over Zek Elliott and Miami does that am I more accepting of the turn out if Apple bust and Elliott becomes a pro-bowl player, "It's ok the team made the wrong choice because I wanted Apple too." Or do you give a player you liked pre-draft more rope before you'll bash their performance than you would a player you graded poorly. It seems like if Miami picks a running back we didn't like and he has a poor first season the mob and pitch forks come out screaming "We told you it was a bad pick. Get rid of the bum while we can." But if a back we liked had a similar first season we hear "The line didn't really give him a chance." or "It takes some players a year or two to adjust to the NFL, give him a little more time before we judge him."

Have we become more bias towards wanting to be right that the overall end result doesn't matter? And if the answer is "no I just want to win and for the team to make the right choice." shouldn't we wait to see how the players turn out before we bash the GM or team for selecting certain players?

if ur a true fan u don't care if it was the guy u wanted or not. Whoever the team picks up you want to succeed. And sure you root a little more for the guy that was also your choice. Cuz it's a way to connect with the team i guess. So u feel like you were part of the process. It's kinda like taking ownership of the team I guess. If that makes any sense.

Damn, I was pissed when they drafted Marino... I thought they needed some def help after the super bowl loss to Washington. Looking back, I guess I missed on that pick. Lol

Back
Top Bottom