Pre Free Agency Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre Free Agency Mock Draft

jdleddy

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is just off the top of my head. No mock draft simulator was used and no trades.

1-3 Penei Sewell - OT -Oregon
I'm not sold on Jackson being the long term solution at LT. This guy is the best LT prospect in this years draft.

1-18 Alijah Vera-Tucker - OG - USC
I realize that Pac 12 O-linemen get dumped on because of the quality of their conference and I have chosen 2 of them in round 1
This pick is probably going to get my ass BBQ'ed with a flame thrower, but I don't care.
I want the line fixed and with Sewell nailing down LT and Jackson, Hunt and AVT all having position versatility, everything should be covered except Centre.

2-36 Richie Grant - S - UCF
The more tape I see on this guy, the more I like him. Plays both run and pass well. Also can blitz. I don't think he will be around at pick 50

2-50 Amari Rodgers - WR - Clemson
There are more popular receivers we could take with earlier picks, but I like this guy. Gets open and catches the ball well. I don't know about his blocking, but is sturdily built.

3-81 Rhamondre Stevenson - RB - Oklahoma State
Big back who will be a workhorse back at the next level. He is good enough to be picked earlier than this, but if he's here at this pick, he's mine, all mine.

4-117 Payton Turner - Edge - Houston
One of the mid round OT's I like in this draft is Christenson from BYU. I saw him shut down some good pass rushers. However, Turner was the only Edge I saw Christenson struggle against.

6-185 Trevon Grimes - WR - Florida
I think his best football may be ahead of him. I love his size. Good speed for his size. Needs more consistency, but that should come with better coaching.

So there it is. Feel free to constructively criticize and I will try again in March and April.

Lol at the BBQ comment.

Can't argue with Sewell. He is a tremendous talent. I like Tucker a lot, but I wouldn't want two offensive linemen in the first round. Can he play center? I like his versatility.

Stevenson and Grant are good calls. I think Rodgers is too early. Grant might be a little early, but really love the player and his fit in Miami.

Can't endorse two OL with the first two picks although I like both players.

Take one of them and go WR with the other pick(hopefully after moving down from 3)and I am cool with it.

I have been targeting OL with the #18 pick quite often in the simulations, I really want to move down from #3 so I have not been taking Sewell but if they can't get a decent offer he would be the guy for me and then I go WR later.

Yeah, I'm not liking this one at all, sorry dude. I love Grimes as a late pick up, he was a very underated player in the Gators offense last season, Rodgers is a good pick up too, but you've not moved the needle enough with this draft. Using the 2 first rounders on more linemen when you used a 1 and 2 last year, is a little wasteful. 36 is too high for Grant, I like him a lot but there are better options there too.

It’s drafts like this that make okay with trading for Deshawn Watson. 😃

So why does Tua get a pass for being a rookie but our rookie offensive lineman do not? To me if we’re thinking like this then why not draft a QB at 3 to compete with Tua?

I need playmakers on both sides of the ball in this draft.

If fixing the oline in the draft is the priority (I'd rather let the young guys develop) then take P.Sewell at #3. Take N.Harris at #18 (I'd love a trade back to 21/22 then take him) and C.Humphrey at #36. The threat of a dominant run game will help Tua have time in the pocket to pick teams a part.
Also....we better get a top FA like Ju Ju Smith Schuster WR to bolster the receiving core.

Back
Top Bottom