Pre-game update... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-game update...

bdwgroove

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...you're not missing much. The Dave Wannstadt show was on...the same one as yesterday with Mandich. Orlando is on now interviewing the quality control coach. This was on earlier in the broadcast. He basically works with Norv and breaks down opposing teams defensive tendencies especially in the red zone. Dave said earlier that Ricky would get less tha 16 carries which he had last year in the 3rd pre-season game. Alot of time has been spent lamenting that Vick isn't playing.

Howard David is concerned with the lack of turnovers last year with only 9 fumble recoveries. He's also talking about how only 1 WR has a touchdown catch this pre-season. Maddog agrees.

Orlando thinks that if Smith plays well that it would be a good idea to move Dixon to LG and Nails to RG. He says this every night on the radio. I don't think that the Fins will because 3 changes this late in pre-season doesn't make sense.

Howard David asks Orlando who has stood out at camp the most since he is there everyday, and he says Darrius Thompson on O and Jason Taylor and Corey Jenkins on D. Maddog likes Fletcher (I think that's who he said...phone was ringing) and HD likes Fiedler

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanny said on his show that many of the battles for back up jobs will have to wait until next week as the starting units are going to play into the 3rd so they can make half time adjustments...except for Ricky. Looks like Minor's gonna tote the rock a lot tonight

Orlando interviewing Madison right now. He's pleased with his pre-season. He's completely healed and ready to go. Says he has pushed himself to the limit this off season. Also sounds like he has a little chip on his shoulder against the people who criticized his play last year. Looks like he has something to prove. Really likes the addition of Sammy Knight.

I also heard at one point on the show that the team has looked at the two Atlanta pre-season games and a little bit from last year so they can implement their calls. It did not sound like they have a full game plan in whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom