Pre-season Group Position Battles: Interior Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-season Group Position Battles: Interior Offensive Line

Good stuff

I am concerned about backup center and I think Jackson really played better with hunt next to him. That is something to keep an eye on.

As much gnashing as the IOL garners on other threads I am shocked at less than 2 pages of commentary when the topic is straight teed up... Where all the doomers at?

I am also of the opinion that the starting personnel are good enough for what the team wants to do. They are also quite inexpensive which is not for nothing. That could change if some of these lightly-regarded guards ball out when allowed to do their thing. But that would be a good problem to have.

My thinking is that backup center will reside on the practice squad, with Eich and Driscoll cross trained to finish a game if something happens to Brewer.

Great job as usual Fever!

Barring injuries, my O-line looks like this.

Armstead
Jackson
Brewer
Paul
Eich
Driscoll
Jones
Wynn
G/C (camp battle FA)

Paul and Wynn are your primary backup tackles, Jones, Eich and Driscoll play G and two of them can be emergency tackles but we're cooked if they play tackle in the playoffs. We need someone that can be our backup C, without shuffling the starting guys. Eich is emergency by default I guess.

As much gnashing as the IOL garners on other threads I am shocked at less than 2 pages of commentary when the topic is straight teed up... Where all the doomers at?

How many times do I need to repeat myself?

Good stuff

I am concerned about backup center and I think Jackson really played better with hunt next to him. That is something to keep an eye on.
Have to do something and I am not sure green guys who haven’t snapped in an NFL game is the way to go.

I would be looking to pick up a vet at some point.

Next year we should have, what, a total of 5 day 1 and day 2 picks? My hope is we emphasize both lines next off season. Add sone juice to our fronts.

But how cool would it be if Patrick Paul could possibly be considered an option at Left Guard until he eventually becomes our Left Tackle down the road.
He has the quickness to get to the second level and Nobody is going to overpower him with his size and strength.

But how cool would it be if Patrick Paul could possibly be considered an option at Left Guard until he eventually becomes our Left Tackle down the road.
He has the quickness to get to the second level and Nobody is going to overpower him with his size and strength.
Hopefully the team keeps its eyes on the prize with Paul, which in my mind is all about preparing him to take over for Armstead next season (or possibly this season to some extent). Nothing should distract from that prime objective. Other than backup center I think there is enough in the IOL pool to choose from at this point.

No, just no. Square peg, round hole. Tstead and Butch Barry will groom him at LT EXCLUSIVELY, there is a laundry list of reasons why LG is not an option for Paul

Back
Top Bottom