Predicting Breakout Candidates For All 32 Nfl Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting Breakout Candidates For All 32 Nfl Teams

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins

RB Kenyan Drake. Even if the Dolphins haven't admitted it yet, Drake will finally get his chance to be the Dolphins' lead back in Week 1. Drake led the NFL in rushing over the last five games of 2017 with 444 yards. He's not content with that stat, citing a need to do it over 16 games. He has the talent to be a 1,000-yard back and the dual-threat ability to lead the Dolphins' offense. The key will be his continued growth in being a professional and staying consistent throughout the year. The Dolphins' addition of the consummate pro and example of consistency, Frank Gore, should help Drake launch himself into the conversation of top AFC running backs. -- Cameron Wolfe

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24396173/predicting-breakout-candidates-all-32-nfl-teams-2018

I’d predict Xavien Howard
I think both players are in a great position to make giants leaps of progress this season. It would not surprise me if Drake and Howard were the marquee name players for us by the beginning of next season.

I'm also going with Drake (offense) and Howard (defense) as breakout players for us this season. However, the difference between being a mediocre team and a playoff contender could be Parker and Harris/McMillan getting into that conversation.

Drake is the logical candidate imo. For those who are saying Howard, he might not get many chances this year if we can't solve the Corner problem on the other side. Every QB will target our 2nd Corner this year so Drake should be the one.

Ideally Parker would be the one but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I'd also go with Drake he's making those spin moves in the backfield and he's got that extra gear to just outrun folks. 1200yd rushing for him this year and another 300-400yds receiving.

Darrell Revis didn’t get much chances either. Didn’t keep teams and the league from knowing he was all time level top shelf.

I’m not saying x is gonna be that level but if he doesn’t play like a legit #1 corner I will be dumbfounded.

His technique has always been a plus. Now he’s got the pattern read/ situational side of things.

Darrell Revis didn’t get much chances either. Didn’t keep teams and the league from knowing he was all time level top shelf.

I’m not saying x is gonna be that level but if he doesn’t play like a legit #1 corner I will be dumbfounded.

His technique has always been a plus. Now he’s got the pattern read/ situational side of things.
I didn't say Howard will be bad or anything like that. Just saying Drake will get more chances

RT, come back player of the year! Pulls a Chad Pennington... only issue may be record. Not sure at 8-8, he gets the credit he’ll have deserved.

I would agree with that but we already saw him start to break out last year when he got the chance. I think Gore is going to be a great addition. He was right around 1k rushing in three years with a horrendous Colts O-line. His ypc dropped from mid 4's to 3.8ish over that 3 year period. For the last two they have not had anything resembling a passing threat so teams could just stack the box to stop the run.

He will have better blocking here and a deep passing game to go along with it. He will turn in some big 3rd down conversions and goal line TD's, IMO....also pass protection from both our RB's will be very good.

Back
Top Bottom