Predicting Dolphins' Week 1 Starters On The Interior Offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting Dolphins' Week 1 Starters On The Interior Offensive Line

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11305918.jpg

Casual football fans really don’t care about the offensive line. As long as the quarterback stays upright, who cares which players are manning the middle. And while the sentiment that keeping the quarterback upright is the proper focus, glossing over the offensive line is generally speaking a bad idea. But as a Miami Dolphins fan, you already know that, don’t you?

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ek-1-starters-on-the-interior-offensive-line/

IMHO. Mills was signed as a known floor: a below average starter who doesn't miss games. The ideal solution would would be for Davis or Prince or somebody else to prove themselves better but if not the coaching staff can at least plan for a certain level of talent at RT.
haven,t both Kilgore and Reed worked with Flattery before? so they have the inside track on C and RG.
How the line is put together is gonna be interesting. Who backups who. Dieter for Tunsil, can't contemplate Sterup,Mills or Davis at LT.
Maybe Reed for Kilgore at C which gives someone like Calhoun a chance as the swing Guard.

I want for once for them to feel if they make a mistake , they're out...tired of bs line play

usatsi_11305918.jpg

Casual football fans really don’t care about the offensive line. As long as the quarterback stays upright, who cares which players are manning the middle. And while the sentiment that keeping the quarterback upright is the proper focus, glossing over the offensive line is generally speaking a bad idea. But as a Miami Dolphins fan, you already know that, don’t you?

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ek-1-starters-on-the-interior-offensive-line/

Do a quick talent analysis, select the perceived best, and get a starting OL ASAP. No more, 'we'll wait until after game 4 PS.'

Is anyone on FH a casual fan? I've been waiting to see improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We've had stellar, well- paid players on the defensive side and not so much on the o line. Both have failed. I'm hoping the new coaches brought in will drastically change that but who knows. Philbin was supposed to be an ol guru, Gase a qb whisperer. Obviously those hires didn't pan out the way we planned because we made those people head coaches instead of positional coaches. I have a feeling Flores might be a better leader and maybe he brought in a good staff but I'm scared to trust my judgment on anyone anymore. It's like playing the lottery, i never win while i see others cashing in. Gotta play to win though, hopefully we got ourselves a good ticket this time

Is anyone on FH a casual fan? I've been waiting to see improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We've had stellar, well- paid players on the defensive side and not so much on the o line. Both have failed. I'm hoping the new coaches brought in will drastically change that but who knows. Philbin was supposed to be an ol guru, Gase a qb whisperer. Obviously those hires didn't pan out the way we planned because we made those people head coaches instead of positional coaches. I have a feeling Flores might be a better leader and maybe he brought in a good staff but I'm scared to trust my judgment on anyone anymore. It's like playing the lottery, i never win while i see others cashing in. Gotta play to win though, hopefully we got ourselves a good ticket this time

Ya know, no guarantees being a "fan."

But at least we have a new (IMO positive) widow to see through for a while...

It's OK to be optimistic at this point.

Just don't go over the cliff!

:)

Back
Top Bottom