Predicting every NFL team's 2017 record | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting every NFL team's 2017 record

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins
ryan-tannehill-miami-dolphins-2017-record.jpg

Projected record: 8–8
A .500 record for the Dolphins—a team that made the playoffs last year—may seem surprising, because Adam Gase is one of the best young coaches in the game, and Ryan Tannehill is much better than people give him credit for. But keep in mind that the Dolphins have to face the AFC West and NFC South this year. Miami’s 8–8 record is more out of respect to its opponents than it is disrespecting what the Dolphins are building.

Pivotal game: Week 10 at Panthers. A win in Carolina would prove me wrong (I think the Panthers will win here) and help Miami head into its late by in Week 11 with positive momentum ahead of its monstrous slate of games out of the bye—the Dolphins get the Patriots, Broncos and Patriots in consecutive weeks after their week of rest.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/10/nfl-2017-projected-team-records

Can't say I'm surprised with that prediction. I really hope this schedule turns out to be a little easier (like last years) once we get into the season. Tell ya what pisses me off...go read Seattle's prediction. Couldn't have played out better for them!

I was considering that this could be a tiny accurate ... Until I scrolled down and saw he predicted Buffalo 4-11-1 ... Who the **** predicts a tie?? They are extremely rare and no way you can predict that this team is more likely to tie than that team. Credibility out the window.

I find that these schedules are off about every year with teams that are projected to be tough suddenly bottoming out with a injury hit in the preseason etc. Usually I am pretty willing to throw the phins into that bunch of teams of unpredictable but after watching Gase pull off those games for wins last year and this years improved draft. I would say 8-8 will be on the low side and 11 -5 more predictable. I was pushing a 6-10 record on the high end prediction at this time last year

I was considering that this could be a tiny accurate ... Until I scrolled down and saw he predicted Buffalo 4-11-1 ... Who the ( I use four letter words) predicts a tie?? They are extremely rare and no way you can predict that this team is more likely to tie than that team. Credibility out the window.

He lost me when he said "by" for Miami's BYE.

STRONGLY disagree with the predictions for Denver and Kansas City. I see both struggling to win 8-9 games. Oakland should have that division clinched with a few games left to play assuming Carr has no setbacks.

Those will be two huge games for us. Probably the difference between the Dolphins being a wild card team or not.

Sunday, Sept. 10: BUCCANEERS, W

Sunday, Sept. 17: At Chargers, L

Sunday, Sept. 24: At Jets, W

Sunday, Oct. 1: SAINTS (in London), W

Sunday, Oct. 8: TITANS, W

Sunday, Oct. 15: At Falcons, L

Sunday, Oct. 22: JETS, 1 p.m., W

Thursday, Oct. 26: At Ravens, W

Sunday, Nov. 5: RAIDERS, W

Monday, Nov. 13: At Panthers, L

Sunday, Nov. 19: OFF WEEK

Sunday, Nov. 26: At Patriots, L

Sunday, Dec. 3: BRONCOS, W

Monday, Dec. 11: PATRIOTS, W

Sunday, Dec. 17: At Bills, L

Sunday, Dec. 24: At Chiefs, W

Sunday, Dec. 31: BILLS, W

11-5

They are really trying to make the NFC south seem much stronger than it is...I like a lot about the Bucs, but they are still a year away...Carolina is not as good as they seemed to be two years ago, but not as bad as last year would indicate.

The West is not on the same level it was 2 years ago...but it should be Raiders and the other teams with under 10 wins.

I think 8 wins is our floor and 11 is the ceiling. Gase isn't Philbin, we will not lose games we should win and we will also pull off a few surprises. I don;t see any reason why we could not be 5-0 going into Atlanta and 7-3 going into the bye. Tough final 6, but split them and you should be in playoff position.

Sunday, Sept. 10: BUCCANEERS, W

Sunday, Sept. 17: At Chargers, L

Sunday, Sept. 24: At Jets, W

Sunday, Oct. 1: SAINTS (in London), W

Sunday, Oct. 8: TITANS, W

Sunday, Oct. 15: At Falcons, L

Sunday, Oct. 22: JETS, 1 p.m., W

Thursday, Oct. 26: At Ravens, W

Sunday, Nov. 5: RAIDERS, W

Monday, Nov. 13: At Panthers, L

Sunday, Nov. 19: OFF WEEK

Sunday, Nov. 26: At Patriots, L

Sunday, Dec. 3: BRONCOS, W

Monday, Dec. 11: PATRIOTS, W

Sunday, Dec. 17: At Bills, L

Sunday, Dec. 24: At Chiefs, W

Sunday, Dec. 31: BILLS, W

11-5

Just about how I see the season unfolding as well, hope we're right ;). But go Nats :finger

I truly hope I'm wrong but I see 8-8 or 7-9!!!...either way I'll be at every home game or in front of the tv on away games rooting for a Fins victory! Can't wait for the start of the season, I'm even excited for the pre-season this year!! I think they have a very tough schedule this year...3 road games in a row at LAC, at NY, at NO (London) then home the following week is going to be a test. Love the fact we are getting a night home game this year against Oakland!

Back
Top Bottom