Predicting the draft for Miami on day one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting the draft for Miami on day one

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Lets predict what Miami will do in this draft. I predict the they will keep the #1 pick and draft Aaron Rodgers. With the 3rd round pick they will then draft Mike Patterson at DT.

yes, after watching Orton progress through the season I have seen that he is not as good as I thought and I know that Rodgers is really good, he cold be the next great QB and there's a knock on his size but I think 220 is big enough for a QB and he is 6 foot 4 in., so he is plenty tall enough

Yeah, I always thought Orton was overrated. Rodgers is my favorite QB. But he's not 6'4" though, he's listed at 6'2". The best scenario would be that we find a way to trade down, still get Rodgers and get an extra pick..

That might happen but I would not want to risk losing Rodgers and even at 6'2 he still has a good height

the fins' draft if phishstix was gm (projected):

trade- mia 1 (2) for dal 1 (9), 1 (16), and 3 (74)
1 (9)- Matt Lienart QB/USC
1 (16)- Jamaal Brown OT/OU
3 (65)- Jason Brown C/UNC
3 (74)- Ronnie Fields DT/Miss. St.

what are the odds of this draft happening?

Phishstix said:

A couple things: I've seen a couple people that want Jammal Brown, but I'm pretty sure he is a right tackle, and obviously we'll have Vernon Carey there next year. I don't think the switch from right to left tackle is an easy one. It's more common to move from left to right.

Also, I have mixed feelings on Leinart. I've defended him in the past but he does have a lot of question marks. I'm not sure what kind of arm strength he has because he is rarely required to put zip on the ball. USC uses a lot of 3-step drops, slants and screen plays. He seems to be more of a touch passer. He's a smart player and all, but Leinart would be a risky pick IMO. But then again, every QB is.

I haven't seen the other 2 prospects you listed, so I won't comment on them.

personally, if rodgers comes out we should find a way to get him. I work at berekely as an athletic trainer - although i work with womens soccer and softball i get to see Mr.rodgers on a daily basis, He is about 6' 1" and 3/4 according to his physical...He is very smart and a weight room rat. Great work ethic...

Even though I am not a Phin fan, I will chime in on this one.
I would really go for O-line or RB help first, and then take a QB with the third rounder.
I would go for either Cedric Benson or Kay-Jay Harris, both look like beasts, and then as a QB, I would take either Adrian McPherson or Rasheed Marshall. You guys need mobile QBs with the line you have, so those guys are who I would draft.

Phishstix said:

I would prolly try to sign Drew Brees in the offseason and draft a RB with the 9th pick.
Other than that I would agree with the picks, not necessarily the players, but the positions I agree with

Lets face it, we have basically a rookie with Feeley.
Sign Brees in the offseason fills in a HUGE hole. This is a pretty solid RB draft, depending on Ricky's situation we take a RB. We then draft OL help with the next 2 picks, DT with the next pick, then S/CB/LB/BPA available with the rest.

Only problem is, why would dallas want to trade up? They DO need a CB IMO, but the best CB is Rolle and I dont think he is #1 pick material. Only team who would want to trade up would want to take Rodgers or Leinart with the #1. Dallas has Drew Henson waiting in the wings so I dont see them wanting to get a QB.

nick19991 said:
Lets predict what Miami will do in this draft. I predict the they will keep the #1 pick and draft Aaron Rodgers. With the 3rd round pick they will then draft Mike Patterson at DT.

i agree, i want Rodgers for the fins, and i think we should draft a DT too.
i would be pissed if we don´t draft a QB in the first round

Toneboy said:
Yep, let's get a RB from Texas. What happened to the last one RB we got from Texas? :shakeno:
wtf does the college have nething to do with it?! that makes you look ignorant :shakeno:

LIQUID24 said:
A couple things: I've seen a couple people that want Jammal Brown, but I'm pretty sure he is a right tackle, and obviously we'll have Vernon Carey there next year. I don't think the switch from right to left tackle is an easy one. It's more common to move from left to right.

Also, I have mixed feelings on Leinart. I've defended him in the past but he does have a lot of question marks.

Jammal Brown is a RT but he is athletic enough & not overwhelmingly large that he could make the switch to LT.

I also have mixed feelings on Leinart. USC is my #2 college team & I like him a USC's QB but he's not the type of QB that would go well in our offense. He has marginal arm strength & is a pure WCO QB. He'd do much better with San Fran or Oakland.

I am, & have been, on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon. The most technically sound QB to come out in a long time. Tedford knows how to teach his QBs the basics to become a great QB.

Back
Top Bottom