Prediction Time: How Many Wins for Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction Time: How Many Wins for Miami?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Time for your fearless predictions. How many wins this year for our beloved Miami Dolphins?

I'm struggling with this one. In a way I think the team will overachieve, but then I look at the mess I've seen this preseason on the offensive line. That makes everything hard to predict on offense. Miami has some talent at the skill position, some speed with players like Drake, Wilson, Grant, Ballage and Stills. Some of those players might be traded so that's something else to consider. I could easily see the offense being bottom third in the league, although with a lot of young talent there is a chance that players develop, maybe even quickly, as the season progresses.

Defensively, I'm impressed with what I've seen in preseason especially in terms of run support. We've also seen a pass rush despite not having proven talent there. I think the defense will be top half of the league, maybe 15th overall. That would be an absolutely huge improvement from last year.

I'm going with 5-11, which is about what the Vegas odds are. That would position Miami pretty well for one of the top qb's in the 2020 draft if Rosen isn't the guy.

I think 3-6 is a great win total for this team. If the offense is half way competent then they should be in a lot of games. The defense looks like it's going to be a lot better than we originally thought.

If Flores had put more emphasis on building a strong o-line, I'd put them at 8-9 wins with a shot at the playoffs. But, since the o-line still sucks, I'm going with 5-6 wins.

I always hope they win it all, but I can’t look at this year and truly hope for that. I hope it is a learning experience, full of adversity and struggle, and in the end a will to persevere and overcome. I really only pray to Brodin for two wins, both against the Jets. F them.

I'll let you know after week one how I feel about it. We could see good progress while losing games and sometimes you just get lucky and win a game while playing bad. Hard to say what we have at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom