Predictions for 2002 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions for 2002

Yes, in order for us to get 2300-3600, the fins are going to have to stay healthy. I am just saying it is possible. Those are targets I wish for us to hit this year. Last year, I felt like the offense should have been on the field a lot longer than they were. I dont think getting 400 more passing yards is very difficult. That is just 25 yards more a game. With dishes to our backs that will be more than enough to get us those yards. And yes, our offensive line is a big improvement from last year. With RW getting over a yard more per carry than Lamar, that is a huge bonus. We will get more first downs and spend more time on offense and not tire the defense. I really believe we can get 5900 yards of offense. In reality, I would be happy with 5700. Here is how our offense would compare to last years:

St. Louis: 6690
Indianapolis: 5955
Pittsburgh: 5887
San Francisco: 5689
Kansas City: 5673

Our defense will give us a good offense... look at Pittsburgh. Kordell Stewart and the Bus had breakout years because their defense was good and they put up good numbers. I think we could be up there with San Francisco and Kansas City.

I think one thing you are ignoring is the quality of those afformentioned teams olines. Each one of those teams have AWESOME, talented olines. I'd take their lines over ours any day of the week, with the exception of KC who lost some depth in the offseason.

Like I said before, I think we have the pieces in place, but until I see us become a great offense, I'll have my reservations.

I think we will be more than efficient, and will move the chains and be improved over last season, without doubt.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
1,200 rushing 2,900 passing

I say 2100 yards rushing(Ricky-1350, Jay-350, other RBs and FBs-400) and 3000 yards passing.

Back
Top Bottom