PreDraft Personnel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PreDraft Personnel

OneHondo

Lifetime Contract
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of talk about potential player moves the Dolphins may be involved in before the draft.
I have read on two sites that the Texans maybe interested in Ogunleye as a RFA, which would mean a 1st and 3rd round draft pick if it happens. This 1st round pick alone would be a No#10.

What do other fans on this board think of that potential deal and any other possible deals such as Maddison that could happen?

I think the most realistic scenario for Ogun leaving is going to Philly, which has enough money under the cap to make a run at him and TO. I can't see the Texans ultimately getting rid of a 1st and 3rd in the draft, especially when they can probably get Udeze at No.10.

So you have a sure thing in Ogun, and a probably in Udeze. either way, theyll have probs pronouncing.:lol:

How do we know that Ogun is a sure thing, maybe his great play was solely as a result of Jason Taylor, and he will struggle opposite a weaker DE. You never know.

Originally posted by jmp310
How do we know that Ogun is a sure thing, maybe his great play was solely as a result of Jason Taylor, and he will struggle opposite a weaker DE. You never know.

He's a definite talent...just watch his play.

Would he have had as many sacks without our secondary and JT on the other side? Probably not...but that's not the point. Point is HE GOT them. He'll bring notice from other teams with the tender.

I heard someone else mention this and I think its a great idea:
Optimum situation:
Trade Wally and our #3 for Henson (with a signature gaurantee) and their #2.
If not then Wally for Henson with a future pick of our based on production.
Thoughts??

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I heard someone else mention this and I think its a great idea:
Optimum situation:
Trade Wally and our #3 for Henson (with a signature gaurantee) and their #2.
If not then Wally for Henson with a future pick of our based on production.
Thoughts??

We can not outright trade ogun, only his rights, which means that Houston would give us Henson and their #2 pick just for the right to tender Ogun and still have to either match or take the picks which in all likely would be Philly [the 30th pick] and another 3rd rnd pick. I don't think bobby Beathard got where he is by making those kind of deals. but if we were guaranteed Henson and a #2 for Ogun, we'd be stupid not to do that. talent-wise, Henson is like the 3rd rated QB if he was to re-enter the draft and it would guarantee a fix [at the position] and allow us to go after a Clayton with our own pick, assuming OL has already been addressed.

Back
Top Bottom