Preseason games are not for... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason games are not for...

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ricky Williams, Zach Thomas, Jay Taylor, and Jay Feidler. They will get the rust off in training camp. The preseason game are for rookies, back up QBs, journeymen, and guys that you have never heard of like Rober Baker and Ogunleye. They are for ESPN to get ratings when no good sports are on TV, and for the NFL to make a few extra bucks. They are for the media to make teams paper champions like the Redskins, Colts, and Bucs. Most of all they are for the over obsessive fans so they can get their fix, and not have to rely on DCH's camp report as their only football interaction. For me it is comforting to just watch the images, and listen to the familiar voices of the morons that bring us our TV crack. It holds me over untill the real deal starts in a month. They are by no means a tool to evaluate the prospects of a winning season, and if you try to do so you will give your self heartburn.

Wasn't there also a bit of controversy about 5 years ago when everyone kept saying preseason was too long and that you really only needed 2 games?

pre season

"Most of all they are for the over obsessive fans so they can get their fix"

yes! i thank the football powers that be for keping me in mind when they created pre season!!!

WE'LL PUT A BOOT IN YOUR A$$, IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!!

TOBY KEITH

No but they also get players ready for the speed and tempo of a real game. Miami was flat last game..I'm glad that was preseason...If Zach admits the tempo is faster than practice..The Vets just don't need to play the whole game..But they need to gel especially when you have new players playing together for the first time..We don't have as many, but if you pull a Rams for D..then you're greatful for a couple of games to get them on the same page.

Hell...after 7 months of nothing...I'll gladly watch a few preseason games...It beats baseball...:goof:

Back
Top Bottom