Present Disciples, Future Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Present Disciples, Future Coaches

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
With all this coaching talk lately, it got me thinking about a few things. We all hear about coaches being disciples of other coaches.

Mike Holmgren and Dennis Green were all disciples of Bill Walsh. Jon Gruden and Steve Mariucci learned under Holmgren. Bill Belichick under Bill Parcells. Norv Turner learned from Don Coryall. Jeff Fisher learned under Buddy Ryan.

My question is, who are the current great minds (head coaches) that will spring the next generation of head coaches?? Who's staffs currently hold the next crop of head coaches?? Does our next head coach lie on one of these staffs??

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

You have to look at Fisher's staff Heimerdinger and Swartz. Cowher constantly loses asst. Coaches to promotions.
Vermille had.
Mike Martz is a scary thought but Lovie Smith will be a Head Coach soon, as will Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennell under Belichek and Parcells.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see......

Ray Rhodes
Jon Gruden
Steve Mariucci
Andy Reid
Marty Morningwig all got a chance.....

The only ones left are Gil Haskell and Sherm Lewis.....

hhhmmmmmmm...Sherm Lewis....

brb

Originally posted by Disgustipate
I vote Zod the winner.

:lol:

Can you tell?

I'm having fun with this.:tongue:

Originally posted by ZOD
All I can say is luck seems to follow him...Sherman Lewis

2000 Minnesota Vikings-His offense didn't suck.

Holy Shizit!!!

In 1992 Sherman Lewis became offensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers. That year the offense ranked 17.

From 1993 til 1999 Sherman Lewis was the offensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers and his offense has never been ranked worse than 10 in the league.

Proven? I think so.

1993-6th
1994-4th
1995-6th
1996-1st
1997-2nd
1998-6th
1999-10th

Then again, he's also had this guy. :lol:

Originally posted by ZOD

Holy Shizit!!!

In 1992 Sherman Lewis became offensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers. That year the offense ranked 17.

From 1993 til 1999 Sherman Lewis was the offensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers and his offense has never been ranked worse than 10 in the league.

Proven? I think so.

1993-6th
1994-4th
1995-6th
1996-1st
1997-2nd
1998-6th
1999-10th

Then again, he's also had this guy. :lol:
Lewis also got ran out of Minnesota after they demoted him for not producing when he had Moss and Carter, etc

Originally posted by Muck
With all this coaching talk lately, it got me thinking about a few things. We all hear about coaches being disciples of other coaches.

Mike Holmgren and Dennis Green were all disciples of Bill Walsh. Jon Gruden and Steve Mariucci learned under Holmgren. Bill Belichick under Bill Parcells. Norv Turner learned from Don Coryall. Jeff Fisher learned under Buddy Ryan.

My question is, who are the current great minds (head coaches) that will spring the next generation of head coaches?? Who's staffs currently hold the next crop of head coaches?? Does our next head coach lie on one of these staffs??

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Holmgren also had Jauron, Gruden, Sherman, Mooch,

Re: Re: Present Disciples, Future Coaches

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Holmgren also had Jauron, Gruden, Sherman, Mooch,

....and Andy Reid. ;)

Back
Top Bottom