Prisco's AFC East preview: Bills due to win division | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco's AFC East preview: Bills due to win division

Can we at least pretend to wait until Ricky has two good years before we annoint him better than a future HOF who turned his team completely around just be being there?

Originally posted by dolphan
Can we at least pretend to wait until Ricky has two good years before we annoint him better than a future HOF who turned his team completely around just be being there?

I'm not convinced that Bledsoe is a HOFer quite yet.

He wins the big one he might get in. And before the bills fans jump on me, realise that yeah, I actually like Bledsoe, but I'll make the case why I don't think he gets in.

First off, lets look at other notable QB's that havent gone in yet.

#1) Phil Simms

14 NFL Seasons
2 Super Bowl Victories
Highest QB Rating ever in a Superbowl
2576/4647 , 55.4% , 33462 yds , 199TD's , 157INT's , 1252Yds Rushing , 78.5 QB Rating

#2) Boomer Esiason

2 AFC Titles
NFL MVP 1988
Most Prolific Lefty in NFL History when he retired
2969/5205 , 57.0% , 37920 yds , 236TD's , 178INT's , 1597yds rushing , 80.8 QB Rating

I could go on and on with other guys that deserve to be in that havent made it, but theese 2 should give an example... now lets look at Drew so far.

Drew Bledsoe

2919/5128 , 56.9% , 34016 yds , 190TD's , 153INT's , 620yds rushing , 77.1 QB Rating

If Bledsoe ever leads the league in Passing or wins a Superbowl, then he has a realistic chance to go in. If he passes 40,000 yds passing he has a realistic chance to go in.

Right now though... nope.

That said, one could say the same thing about Ricky, both of theese guys still have more to prove before the Hall gives them the time of day.

Bledsoe is only 31, and he was also the 3rd fastest qb to 30,000 yards, and judging by last year, he's not slowing down

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Bledsoe is only 31, and he was also the 3rd fastest qb to 30,000 yards, and judging by last year, he's not slowing down

I didn't say he was... but Steve Young wasn't slowing down, Troy Aikmen wasn't slowing down, Bo Jackson, Joe Theisman, Gayle Sayers... none of them were slowing down.

I'm not predicting an injury (If I could do that I'd spend more time in vegas) all I'm saying is that if his career ended today he wouldent be a hall of famer. The only active QB that fits that bill right now is Favre. He's the only active QB that could retire today and be in the hall in 5 years.

Originally posted by Barbarian

I didn't say he was... but Steve Young wasn't slowing down, Troy Aikmen wasn't slowing down, Bo Jackson, Joe Theisman, Gayle Sayers... none of them were slowing down.

I'm not predicting an injury (If I could do that I'd spend more time in vegas) all I'm saying is that if his career ended today he wouldent be a hall of famer. The only active QB that fits that bill right now is Favre. He's the only active QB that could retire today and be in the hall in 5 years.

agreed...but barring injury we also can agree that Bledsoe's a shoe-in HOF

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

agreed...but barring injury we also can agree that Bledsoe's a shoe-in HOF

Assuming he maintains his current pace for at least 3 more seasons, then yeah he should get in.

But then again, Everybody was saying Simms and Esiason were also shoe ins when they retired.

Unfortunately alot of worthy candidates don't make it.

Another good example is Curtis Martin, he deserves it, but will probably never make it in because he (like Bledsoe) doesn't have the "sexy" statistics that HOF voters like. If Bledsoe had even a single passing title or a Super Bowl victory under his belt, he'd likely be a shoe in now, but if he keeps it up for another 3 seasons, not only will he have 40,000 yards, he'll have some cushion there as well and will likely get in on that.

Back
Top Bottom