Problems with Finheaven - Please read | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Problems with Finheaven - Please read

Not too much the past few days. I was in bed at around midnight, night before last and back up at 3 AM then in bed by 11:30 last night and up at 5:30. It's pretty much been the same for Muck, Ken and Walt.

Just wait till we move servers.... :woot:

Here Bro....

easy3_1-1.jpg

:wink:

You guys are doing great work, And I for one thank you.
what he said. This is one of thew places anywhere you can find an intelligent discussion about football :dolphins:

I really appreciate all the Admins trying to fix the problem.. IMO FinHeaven is the best Dolphins Forum EVER!

We are aware that the past few days, the site has had frequent problems with speed and occasional crashes. We are working on getting the site to be as stable as we can.

Here's the problem:

1. We are working on leased servers and on a fairly fragile network. That problem will soon come to an end.
2. There is an as of yet, unidentified problem that leads to our servers to crash when we get a bunch of visitors. The problem does not stem from a lack of bandwidth. We are working to isolate the problem.

Here is what we are doing:

We have purchased our own servers and associated hardware (at huge expense) and are moving to a new host on dedicated equipment with a MUCH improved backend. We plan to start installation next weekend if all goes as we expect and should have the entire new network up and running by the beginning of April.

What else are we doing?

Rest assured that when the site dies, the Admins know about it before the body hits the floor. Also know that when the site crashes all of the Admins start to work to put things right. Sometimes it takes a bit longer than we'd like and there is no way that any of you are more frustrated as we are. We share you grief.

Current known issues:

1. There is an SQL error on the front page
2. There are a few database errors when you try to open certain threads in the forum.
3. The site crashes when traffic is high

What can you do?

Please don't flood the board with issues we are already aware of.

Please don't complain that we are not doing enough to keep this site up and running.

Admins are always underappreciated and work their tails off. The only recognition you usually get is what bad stuff happens.

Keep up the good work guys!!!:D :D :D

The site is working great guys!!! OUTSTANDING JOB!!! I for one would like to throw a party for the admins for their support...

Wait... I have an idea...

Back
Top Bottom