Proceed with Caution | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proceed with Caution

Steve S

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You don't win with malcontents, troubled and selfish players.

All you youngsters can not name ONE lawbreaker or me-first player who turned around their teams or even their own careers. The Dolphins recent history is littered with players whose selfish attitudes or problems with the law have hurt the Dolphins:

Eric Green
Gene Atkins
Ricky Williams
Sammie Smith
Cecil Collins
Irving Spikes

I wouldn't draft Chris Henry in the 43rd round. He's a head case who isn't worth the trouble.

Richie Incognito and McPherson would be fine after the 4th round but are not worth first day picks.

Those who do not understand history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Don't give me this pie in the sky "talent is everything" because it isn't. Talent isn't worth sh*& when you aren't on the field or are causing distractions in the lockerroom. David Boston was our last, hopefully, case in point of this rule.

Good post. This is why guys like Channing Crowder drop off my board completely. The system Belichick runs in New England has been near-perfect with the exceptions of Ty Law, on occasion Rodney Harrison and that astro-jerk Dan Klecko.

I'm not saying we'll mimic that style, but Saban follows the same social structure as to how he wants to develop his players and I don't think he'll pay out for someone who has problems.

I'm against Chris Henry too. Also, I've heard sceptical statements on both Braylon and Cedric but I think really only minor things can be overlooked once.

DonShula84 said:
Is McPherson exactly a model citizen?

No but he isn't the a-ho&* Chris Henry is.

That said, we don't need a project QB on Day 1. He'd be a nice gamble in the 5th.

ill give u one....ray lewis or did u forget about him...jamal lewis...all of those raider players...randy moss(isnt his fault the defense is bad), TO. Come on man think about it. Keysahun Johnson

Steve S said:

All you youngsters can not name ONE lawbreaker or me-first player who turned around their teams or even their own careers. The Dolphins recent history is littered with players whose selfish attitudes or problems with the law have hurt the Dolphins:

Eric Green
Gene Atkins
Ricky Williams
Sammie Smith
Cecil Collins
Irving Spikes

I wouldn't draft Chris Henry in the 43rd round. He's a head case who isn't worth the trouble.

Richie Incognito and McPherson would be fine after the 4th round but are not worth first day picks.

Those who do not understand history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Don't give me this pie in the sky "talent is everything" because it isn't. Talent isn't worth sh*& when you aren't on the field or are causing distractions in the lockerroom. David Boston was our last, hopefully, case in point of this rule.
Who is Chris Henry?:confused: :dunno:

LtDan662002 said:
Who is Chris Henry?:confused: :dunno:
Wideout from West Virginia who will likely slide to the 3rd, and who I would take in the third. He is Build like Plaxico Buress, but faster. The word on him is that he is extremely immature for some reason. Poster child for potential.

I agree totally.I would add injury prone players to the list of malcontents.weirdos and those who have bad characters.These are players who will seduce you with their raw talent but who most likely will let you down eventually.

Even Saban made reference the other day to a player he scouted when he was with the Browns.He said the player had tremendous talent but that he had some red flags which later manifested itself.I forgot the player's name.

What about Warren Sapp, Randy Moss? Lawerence Phillips should be on your list of guys who had issues. Adrian McPherson's off the field trouble is far worse than Chris Henry's IMO.

Steve S said:

Eric Green
Gene Atkins
Ricky Williams
Sammie Smith
Cecil Collins
Irving Spikes

For once we seem to agree on something Steve. Excellent point. :up:

Back
Top Bottom