profootballtalk.com says: GRIESE TO MIAMI A SURE THING | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

profootballtalk.com says: GRIESE TO MIAMI A SURE THING

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
GRIESE TO MIAMI A SURE THING

Despite speculation that some team other than the Dolphins could put together a sufficient package to persuade soon-to-be-released Broncos quarterback Brian Griese to pass on joining the team for which his father played, our sources tell us that Griese to Miami is sure thing.

And the word is that Griese will get far less money up front than his agent, Ralph Cindrich, is posturing for.

Griese will be installed as the No. 2 quarterback behind Jay Fiedler. His contract could be as short as one year in duration, which would enable him to look for a starting job elsewhere in 2004.

:D

also:
The Jags confirmed their interest in WR Oronde Gadsden and WR J.J. Stokes (if he's released by the 49ers after June 1).

Originally posted by burghPhinFan

Despite speculation that some team other than the Dolphins could put together a sufficient package to persuade soon-to-be-released Broncos quarterback Brian Griese to pass on joining the team for which his father played, our sources tell us that Griese to Miami is sure thing.

And the word is that Griese will get far less money up front than his agent, Ralph Cindrich, is posturing for.

Griese will be installed as the No. 2 quarterback behind Jay Fiedler. His contract could be as short as one year in duration, which would enable him to look for a starting job elsewhere in 2004.

Outstanding. If we land Griese, Knight, and Seau along with this draft it could prove to be our best off season ever. Far from what I thought it would be the way it started out.

also:
The Jags confirmed their interest in WR Oronde Gadsden and WR J.J. Stokes (if he's released by the 49ers after June 1).

They'll go for J.J. for a number of years reasons..OG is getting old

I still can't think of Griese in Miami being a sure thing. If a starting offer somewhere else pops up, I highly doubt it would be a sure thing, but I hope he does come!

Dan Marino to Miami was the best offseason ever.

This one to me has been only mediocre, average really. Getting Seau in his prime, or having a draft steal like Marino makes a great offseason. We gave up two number 1's which is way higher than any team has EVER paid for a RB in trade. Not that RW was not worth it, but he did cost way more than Faulk or even C. Martin did.

This team has filled out its depth nicely, gotten younger in some areas it needed to, but to even think that this offseason is even top 5 at this point is a little off IMO.

Off course you cant evaluate an offseason while it's still going on.

I don't know why everyone loves this talk about Griese. I'm sick of this bullcrap because JAY FIEDLER is our QB. Once he makes a bad pass, everyone will complain why we aren't playing Griese just like last year when Lucas was on the bench. You know, I was listening to WQAM this evening and they made some great points (wasn't paying too much attention to who it was but I think it's Hank's timeslot arond 6:30 on Monday's isn't it). He said the following. If you take away that one great season Griese had, his numbers are almost the same as Jay Fiedler's which from what I can tell is a true statement. But here's the catch. Griese has had great WR's (Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey for every season except the one where Ed broke his leg in the first game), and an even better running game. He also had a great offensive line. You can't tell me Jay Fiedler has had better WR's (Chambers, Gadsden, and who else? Tony Martin?), until last year he definately didn't have the backs that Griese had, and it's obvious his o-line has been a lot worst. Our offense was basically Jay until last season, and even then he was a big part of it. Griese's offense thrived because of the player's around him. Brian Griese is not Bob Griese. They aren't the same guy. I want to see Sage Rosenfels get in there in pre-season and see what that guy can do. I don't want us to see us blow money on Griese. If we get him for a nice price, then fine, but I don't want to see him making any money. For goodness sake he got benched for Steve Beurlein (I think that was the backup in Denver). Obviously Shanahan didn't want him back in Denver for a reason. You don't just cut your starting QB for no reason.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I don't know why everyone loves this talk about Griese. I'm sick of this bullcrap because JAY FIEDLER is our QB. Once he makes a bad pass, everyone will complain why we aren't playing Griese just like last year when Lucas was on the bench. You know, I was listening to WQAM this evening and they made some great points (wasn't paying too much attention to who it was but I think it's Hank's timeslot arond 6:30 on Monday's isn't it). He said the following. If you take away that one great season Griese had, his numbers are almost the same as Jay Fiedler's which from what I can tell is a true statement. But here's the catch. Griese has had great WR's (Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey for every season except the one where Ed broke his leg in the first game), and an even better running game. He also had a great offensive line. You can't tell me Jay Fiedler has had better WR's (Chambers, Gadsden, and who else? Tony Martin?), until last year he definately didn't have the backs that Griese had, and it's obvious his o-line has been a lot worst. Our offense was basically Jay until last season, and even then he was a big part of it. Griese's offense thrived because of the player's around him. Brian Griese is not Bob Griese. They aren't the same guy. I want to see Sage Rosenfels get in there in pre-season and see what that guy can do. I don't want us to see us blow money on Griese. If we get him for a nice price, then fine, but I don't want to see him making any money. For goodness sake he got benched for Steve Beurlein (I think that was the backup in Denver). Obviously Shanahan didn't want him back in Denver for a reason. You don't just cut your starting QB for no reason.

Better get use to it, it's just getting started if they actually do sign Griese.

Oliver...

I know Oliver, I'm sick of all this bullcrap. Why don't we just sit back and let the guys play. Everyone wants Lucas, so he finally gets in and sucks and then everyone wants Fiedler back. For a week. Then the season ends and everyone wants a new QB again to suck worse than Lucas did. And we have another QB controversy. I'd put money down now that more than 10 people on this board would vote for Griese to start next season (if the poll was today) given that we sign him.

Great, profootballtalk.com has now confirmed what the rest of the Dolphin community has known for about 2 months! According to profootballtalk.com, Rose Colvin to DET was also a "done deal." Moral of post: profootballtalk.com has NO cred whatsoever. I wish people would stop refering to it, it's a bunch of fishwrap.

The Jaguars would most likely like to have JJ over OG simply because of JJ's experience in the WCO. Although one can debate whether Stokes' "experience" is worth outbidding any other teams, I'm sure the Jaguars like JJ more than OG, many fellow Jaguar fans feel the same way.

Great point. I really thought Griese was a Dolphin... but now that profootballtalk has defecated on the rumor, I'd bet Griese goes somewhere else...

Fiedler has a $2 million roster bonus payable next March AND his salary jumps to $3.7 million. His cap number is over $6 million. I bet Griese is going to sign with ya after june 1st, but sign at least a 2 yr deal and Fiedler will be shown the door next off-season.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Fiedler has a $2 million roster bonus payable next March AND his salary jumps to $3.7 million. His cap number is over $6 million. I bet Griese is going to sign with ya after june 1st, but sign at least a 2 yr deal and Fiedler will be shown the door next off-season.

If we dont make the playoffs next year then wanny will be gone, and fiedler will be a moot point.

Breck ... I'm excited about Griese because we need a solid backup QB, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom