Projected Depth Chart | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Projected Depth Chart

ch19079 said:
i forgot about him, but he will be behind Zgonina. some playing time in the rotation, but not a starter or set backup.

i jsut think Zgonina is better, and i put Zgonina behind Carter at DT.

Hence why we are phins fans and know a bit more about the team. Chester at worst is a back up and Holliday is twice the DE when healthy that Bowens could ever dream of being.

P.S Bowens is more than likely released.

ch19079 said:
i disagree on most:

QB: Feeley, frerotte
RB: Brown, Morris, Kay Jay, (Williams is on 4 game suspention, so hes not really on the list. (Cut Minor and Gordon)
FB: H. Evans, J. Martin
WR: Chambers, Boston
WR: Booker, Thompson
TE: McMike, (and some bum playing backup TE)
LT: McIntosh, V. Carny
LG: J. James, Cook
C: S. Mckinney, W. Smith (just guessing here)
RG: R. Hadnot, T. Whitley, (just guessing here too.)
RT: S. McDougle, J. StClair

RDE: J. Taylor, M. Roth
DT: K. Carter, J. Zgonina (in on passng downs)
DT: K. Traylor, D. Romero
LDE: D. Bowens, Holliday (in for passing situations)
SLB: D. Spragan, C. Crowder
MLB: Z. Thomas, D. Pope
WLB: J. Seau, E. Moore
CB: S. Madison, T. Daniels
CB: R. Howard, M. Edwards
SS: T. Jones, T. Bua
FS: T. Tillman, Y. Bell

We won't keep FB Martin over Gordon. Mckinney won't be a starter this year most likely. Our Bum at backup TE (Lee) is better than all but a real old Campbell on the Bills roster. Throw Chester in till he gets hurt atleast.

FinaticPatch said:
Hence why we are phins fans and know a bit more about the team. Chester at worst is a back up and Holliday is twice the DE when healthy that Bowens could ever dream of being.

i think holliday is going down hill. and while most dont like Bowens, or think he will retire/ get cut, bowens IMO, is a better starter. but like i said, holliday will probubly come in on passing situations.

GreenMonster said:
We won't keep FB Martin over Gordon. Mckinney won't be a starter this year most likely. Our Bum at backup TE (Lee) is better than all but a real old Campbell on the Bills roster. Throw Chester in till he gets hurt atleast.

do you think Smith is better than McKinney? (or anyone else on the roster is better at Center?)

i wasnt comparing bill's roster to miami's roster, simply stating that the fins dont have a backup at TE that can do the job. and IMO, he should be so far down a teams depth chart that i didnt even to bother to write his name.. i call those players bums. cus if they do get in the game... :shakeno:

also, i added chester on my list, but hes probubly not as high on the chart as many people think he should be.

simply stating that the fins dont have a backup at TE that can do the job.

donald lee is a decent back up.

MelbournePhin said:
simply stating that the fins dont have a backup at TE that can do the job.

donald lee is a decent back up.

i was under the impression that most fin fans didnt think so.
but eather way, i dont think the fins will use many 2 TE formations this comming season.

i really wanna let this one die..... but............

"If only we drafted Wilfork last year"

We would have the best D-line around..... we still have one of the best, but there is soo much uncertainty at DT. Chester & Bowens are question marks, Traylor is 36 years old. And Kevin Carter isn't exactly a run stuffing DT. With Wilfork as a sure starter, we'd have the 3 old guys competing for the other spot, and solid depth behind them.
Then Carter could be 100% DE, meaning we could lose D.Bowens and still have 4 excellennt DE's.

Yet, I'm confident Houck can turn V.Carey into a very good starter

AirChambers84 said:
i really wanna let this one die..... but............

"If only we drafted Wilfork last year"

We would have the best D-line around..... we still have one of the best, but there is soo much uncertainty at DT. Chester & Bowens are question marks, Traylor is 36 years old. And Kevin Carter isn't exactly a run stuffing DT. With Wilfork as a sure starter, we'd have the 3 old guys competing for the other spot, and solid depth behind them.
Then Carter could be 100% DE, meaning we could lose D.Bowens and still have 4 excellennt DE's.

or with last year's coaching staff Wilfork would of been a big bag of goo and Carey would be a stud in the Patriots offensive line and everyone will be "Why didn't Miami Draft Carey. Miami needed linemen, not some big bag of goo on the defensive line"

thats just simply not true....... Our defensive line has always had success..... until we lost all our guys at DT. Wilfork would have been Veeeeery useful last year, considering the guys we had at the DT spot late in the season. Yes we needed Lineman too... but we already had plenty of young guys on the O-line. But it's been obvious that the future of the DT spot is completely unclear.
Carey still may not start. But Wilfork would be already be #1 on the depth chart.

or with last year's coaching staff Wilfork would of been a big bag of goo and Carey would be a stud in the Patriots offensive line and everyone will be "Why didn't Miami Draft Carey. Miami needed linemen, not some big bag of goo on the defensive line"

Yes most rookies would fare better with a dominant team who has an elite coaching staff when compared to Wanny and the crew.

FinaticPatch said:

At this point in their respective careers, Holliday isn't the outside pass rusher that David Bowens is.
Holliday can stuff the run better, but on passing downs it would be nice to see Bowens in the lineup. Also when we play a 3-4, Bowens could play SOLB, which was his position in college.
I don't understand why so many people seem to be down on David Bowens.
I watched him last year when he was starting all the time and he was not a weak link on our defense in My opinion.

ch19079 said:
i think holliday is going down hill. and while most dont like Bowens, or think he will retire/ get cut, bowens IMO, is a better starter. but like i said, holliday will probubly come in on passing situations.

The only reason Holliday's numbers have been down are due to injury. And Bowens himself is injury prone. Vonnie is a much better DE.

Back
Top Bottom