Props to the Panthers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props to the Panthers

Originally posted by dolfan06
have to go by points scored, not what might have been!;)

I was talking a hypothetical situation that was OBVIOUS. If you can't see they never should've went for 2, you've been watching Wanny too long.

We all know what the "points scored" were....including the 2 points Fox ignorantly envisioned his team scoring. That was the point.

Its all good...I've got several friends that happen to be good Pats fans, and they told me today how hard they were laughing when Fox called the 2 pt conversion. They're not blind.

the only blind person was delhomme... davis or foster, whoever was in the backfield was WIDE open, even romeo crennel said so after the game. He said if it went out there, they would have had the two for sure, delhomme just missed it.

right call or not, it was an easy conversion if delhomme had seen the guy in the flat

Never should have been called in the first place.....period. The fact that the players didn't execute is a bummer, but its not like a 2 pt conversion is 100% or close to it like the PAT is.

DUMB CALL.

wasnt the reason they lost the game, still didnt stop them on d, still kicked the ball out of bounds... assuming they kick extra points instead, they only get to overtime, so whatever

The thing that lost the game was NOT the kick out of bounds. That just added to the mistake already made. With 1:48 still on the clock and your already on there side of the field with two TOs you run some clock between plays. Everyone I was sitting with here in Charlotte was saying the same thing....no SCREAMING the same thing. Don't rush it score with 10-25 seconds to go. It wouldn't have mattered if they would have kicked it deep or not, they WERE going to score a FG with the Panthers D that wore out. They were getting NO pass rush late in the game.
The play calling was horrible, a draw would have kept the clock running and would have worked, but instead they kept throwing it and hurrying to the line of scrimage to run another play. NO WAY should it have came down to giving them over a minute to get a FG without at least making them use their TOs. Horrible coaching, much worse than going for 2 even, which also was bad.
But hey he has gotten them to the SB so I guess they can overlook such things here in Charlotte. It sure is a lot better than the 1-15 year with George.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
The thing that lost the game was NOT the kick out of bounds. That just added to the mistake already made. With 1:48 still on the clock and your already on there side of the field with two TOs you run some clock between plays. Everyone I was sitting with here in Charlotte was saying the same thing....no SCREAMING the same thing. Don't rush it score with 10-25 seconds to go. It wouldn't have mattered if they would have kicked it deep or not, they WERE going to score a FG with the Panthers D that wore out. They were getting NO pass rush late in the game.
The play calling was horrible, a draw would have kept the clock running and would have worked, but instead they kept throwing it and hurrying to the line of scrimage to run another play. NO WAY should it have came down to giving them over a minute to get a FG without at least making them use their TOs. Horrible coaching, much worse than going for 2 even, which also was bad.
But hey he has gotten them to the SB so I guess they can overlook such things here in Charlotte. It sure is a lot better than the 1-15 year with George.

Hear hear.

are you kidding, that's just retarded... you run plays to get you in the endzone, you want them to run the clock down til it was fourth down and then not get it in the end zone. Unbelievable, im sure in your head it makes sense, but imagine the questions you have to face when you only take one or maybe two shots at the end zone after running the clock down, and not getting in, when you could have taken 3 or 4.

Back
Top Bottom