Proven players and rookies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proven players and rookies

Greatscott127

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just noticed something reading through a few diff threads. Why is it that Boston, Carey and most other dolphin players have to prove something. Yet bills fans are touting willis as part of the two headed monster if you will and grading them higher then Rickey and Travis. If you will look closely you will see this alot. James is an outstanding guard and proved it last year but now ranks, acording to other teams fans as a good player but not one of the better in the div. What did bledsoe prove last year, not much after the first three games. Howard is a proven player, Akins is a proven player, Edwards (when he is able to play is a proven player) I guess my question is Why are we forced to hear that all we did amounts to nothing while everyone else has improved so much.
Well here are some facts.
Miami improved depth or upgraded their starting line up with all but one player.

Marion was in the probowl last year but lord knows why. He was out of pos alot missed coverage and had lost enough speed that he was not effective in coverage. Edwards or freeman at the worst will be as good as marion and best case will upgrade the spot.
Jeno is better then Nails no question about it
Ruddy stunk up the joint. I dont think the shoes seth is trying to fill are that hard to fill, Even if seth is as bad as ruddy we have lost nothing.
Todd perry, Jerman, carey, stclaire, comes out even at worst upgrade most likely.
Wade was our best lineman no question. No matter more then likely we fell off here a little bit unless carey is a freshman stud and catches on quick. St Claire is a down grade.
worst case the starting QB situation is the same and the backup is better.
Best case feeley is better then jay so are starting QB is upgraded as well as our backup.
Boston Need I say more.
Fletcher is gone and howard, poole are her . Major upgrade.
As for ogun :cooldude: The fins have proven vets and a second year player as well as the nfle player just signed. This will no be a problem or weakness for the fins.
The more anyone sits down and looks at the moves made this past off season The dolphins are a much more skilled and younger team then they were last year. You can question each player all you want but for those who are not dolphin fans why dont you question your own players and see where you are.
Sorry the bills do not have three of the top o-line pos players, They migh have at one time (when oj was running the ball) but not right now.
Dosent Cory dillon need to proven that he is as mentally stable as boston needs to prove he is. There are alot more of these type of questions but we never get answers because I guess it is just different when you play for the fins. :eek:

I like what you're saying but I don't know about upgrades at every position or not. QB situation is unstable at best. Griese was supposed to be a savior and did little. How do we know Feeley is better? A not so great o-line has been replaced with some not-so-great o-linemen. Hopefully Carey and James shine this year. WR has definitely been upgraded but question marks still remain (but I'm happy about this signing). D-line could very well suffer (though I don't think a whole bunch) if O-Gun actually does sit out. Linebackers have not really improved. If anything, I think Seau is on the downside of his career (still love em though), and Thomas likely can't improve any further either (though he is probably in or near his prime), Eddie Moore hasn't played in the NFL, you know what to expect from Greenwood (consistent but no star). D-backs have improved I think with Poole and especially Howard but Safety spot remains a question mark. I also think that Madison has to seriously step up his performance from last year. All in all, I don't think the dolphins have improved significantly but I am optimistic that we are a better overall team than we were last year.

Phattmatt i think your misreading some of the points. For one thing, what have the Dolphins done to get worse. There is no chance they downgraded the QB sit., wether A.J. turns out or not is irrelevant, the point is we have the same starter back from last year, and someone else who COULD be better. Someone correct me if im wrong, but can anyone name a position the Fins got worse in over the offseason? And i love tht point about Willis McGahee...he could be amazing(like Ricky:D ) or he could suck, lets let him touch the ball before we declare him part of a "two-headed-monster"

FinFan24 said:
Phattmatt i think your misreading some of the points. For one thing, what have the Dolphins done to get worse. There is no chance they downgraded the QB sit., wether A.J. turns out or not is irrelevant, the point is we have the same starter back from last year, and someone else who COULD be better. Someone correct me if im wrong, but can anyone name a position the Fins got worse in over the offseason? And i love tht point about Willis McGahee...he could be amazing(like Ricky:D ) or he could suck, lets let him touch the ball before we declare him part of a "two-headed-monster"

We've down graded at RT until proven otherwise.
We''ve down graded at RG until proven otherwise.
We maybe even at C.
I think we upgraded at LG.
We the same or better at LT.

Mcghee is not a factor in anyone's backfield until proven otherwise.
We lost experience at one saftety position and awaiting the results of the new person..so we maybe even, base on athletics..but down graded in terms of experience.
We improved imho at receiver.
We are even or better at QB, with Jay still on the team, we can't be worst.
We may have diamonds at backup LB, but still no depth until proven otherwise.
KO returner and PR is still the same until proven other wise.
Bottom line, we are a work in progress until proven otherwise :D

We've down graded at RT until proven otherwise.
We''ve down graded at RG until proven otherwise.
We maybe even at C.
I think we upgraded at LG.
We the same or better at LT.

Mcghee is not a factor in anyone's backfield until proven otherwise.
We lost experience at one saftety position and awaiting the results of the new person..so we maybe even, base on athletics..but down graded in terms of experience.
We improved imho at receiver.
We are even or better at QB, with Jay still on the team, we can't be worst.
We may have diamonds at backup LB, but still no depth until proven otherwise.
KO returner and PR is still the same until proven other wise.
Bottom line, we are a work in progress until proven otherwise :D
Downgrade at RT, ya i suppose u can prove it, but i strongly belive Vernon will be twice the tackle Wade was.
Downgrade at RG, no chnace in hell. perry was possibly the worst RG in football(starting) and no1 will do worse on this team. Same with center, it cant get much worse then Ruddy.

FinFan24 said:
Downgrade at RT, ya i suppose u can prove it, but i strongly belive Vernon will be twice the tackle Wade was.
Downgrade at RG, no chnace in hell. perry was possibly the worst RG in football(starting) and no1 will do worse on this team. Same with center, it cant get much worse then Ruddy.

Carey will be twice the tackle Wade is, but not this season. MDFinFan
is right, we downgraded RT for this season but not the future. And
RG is still a downgrade until proven otherwise.

And
RG is still a downgrade until proven otherwise.
Theres plenty of depth tht have proven to atleast be better then Perry. Wouldnt u agree although not greta, St.Clair is better?OR German, Whitley, Yates ,McIntosh if he comes back. the point is theres so much depth i dont see how we could be worse then tht sorry RG Perry. Overall as an OL tho i would say we have upgraded. Our whole argument has been pointless. You should judge LT,C,RG etc. you should judje the whole OL unit as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom