Proximity of Dolphins Stadium to Airports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proximity of Dolphins Stadium to Airports

finsfan4eva

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm planning on coming down this season for my first game at Dolphins Stadium, and I was planning on coordinating purchasing my airline tickets, but am not sure what airport makes for an easier drive to the stadium, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami? I was wondering if anyone familiar with the area could tell me what's closest and/or easier in proximity to the stadium?

MIA is probably closer (though not by much, as the stadium sits on the Miami-Dade - Broward County line) but I would definitely choose Fort Lauderdale International (FTL). Its pretty much a straight shot down I95 to the stadium and that airport is ten times easier to get in and out of. It might actually take less time to drive from FTL to the stadium than from MIA because of traffic. If given the choice and the flight's cost was the same...I'd go with FTL hands down.

finsfan4eva said:
I'm planning on coming down this season for my first game at Dolphins Stadium, and I was planning on coordinating purchasing my airline tickets, but am not sure what airport makes for an easier drive to the stadium, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami? I was wondering if anyone familiar with the area could tell me what's closest and/or easier in proximity to the stadium?

• Without question it's Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) it's about 30 minutes to Dolphins Stadium from there if you leave early enough and very easy access off the turnpike.

awing_pilot said:
Ft. Lauderdale is just nicer. go there!! FLL is the airport code i think

I stand corrected...I think it is FLL.

???

CanadianFish said:
Miami ariport.

Ft Lauderdale without question is much closer. trust me. It's 15 to 20 minutes at most from the stadium. The Fl. turnpike is right next to the stadium and higway 595 (which leads to the FL airport) is a couple of exits off of the turnpike.

Not to mention traffic going to MIA is horrendous after the game.

As a matter of fact, I was at last years game against the Rams and my flight left at 6pm. The game was over at 4:00 or so. With traffic and the 15 minute walk to the car, i was at the airport at 4:45.

My family lives in the Miami Gasrdens area and we always fly into FTL, because it's closer and quicker to get to.

rhadaddy said:
Ft Lauderdale without question is much closer. trust me. It's 15 to 20 minutes at most from the stadium. The Fl. turnpike is right next to the stadium and higway 595 (which leads to the FL airport) is a couple of exits off of the turnpike.

Not to mention traffic going to MIA is horrendous after the game.

As a matter of fact, I was at last years game against the Rams and my flight left at 6pm. The game was over at 4:00 or so. With traffic and the 15 minute walk to the car, i was at the airport at 4:45.

My family lives in the Miami Gasrdens area and we always fly into FTL, because it's closer and quicker to get to.

:yes:

Take the FTL airport. I hate the Miami Airport and driving 95 through Miami sucks

Ft. Lauderdale is by far is the better choice. When Danny had his retirement celebration I got together with a bunch of Herald posters from all over the country and we got rooms and such at the Mariott I think. Total blast, meeting fellow Fin fans taking in the celebration together, a blast I say ! Singin' the National Anthem wit' Hootie, booing O'Brian and Kelly again, it was my sons b-day. We met several flights in so they wouldn't have to taxi or Hertz it and it really was remarkably conveinient. Taking a wrong turn into a bad neighborhood is not as likly or as dangerous in Lauderdale either.

Not only is FLL closer, it's also much less busy and a lot more travel-friendly. With all the international crap going in and out of Miami, it can be impossible getting on your flight on your way back out...FLL is easy.

Oh come on. Miami airport is alittle closer and while I-95 isn't great, it isn't LA or Washington, DC. I suggest you fly into Miami!..and the flight will be cheaper there unless you fly through Southwest Airlines which services Ft. Lauderdale but not Miami.

KuchaMucha said:
Oh come on. Miami airport is alittle closer and while I-95 isn't great, it isn't LA or Washington, DC. I suggest you fly into Miami!..and the flight will be cheaper there unless you fly through Southwest Airlines which services Ft. Lauderdale but not Miami.

I don't know where he's flying out of if he lives in Newport News, but for someone who uses Dulles, you can fly D.C. to FLL on JetBlue for $69 on the way down and $79 on the way up. Plus you get nice planes and free DirecTV. And JetBlue doesn't service Miami, either.

Ft.Lauderdale is light years closer. The stadium is barely even in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom