PS 1- Vonte Davis report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PS 1- Vonte Davis report

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Davis came in the start the 2nd quarter, and made a really nice, physical tackle in run support. Unfortunately, that was the highlight of his game.

He was flagged for interferance on a fair catch, which was a bit tackey, got beat in the last 2 minutes of the half, relaxed (after great coverage) on a tipped ball, had a pass interferance in the third, and did not got off a WR block in the end zone for a TD that was called back.

NOT a great day. However, he was on top of WRs in coverage, and was in VG position in run support.

Sporano has said that he wanted players to make mistakes, and to learn from them. Vonte has a whole lot to learn but, most mistakes were aggressive or mental. I believe he will correct them.

As i have said before. He made rookie bonehead mistakes on coverage on punts but his pass coverage was pretty good. If you wanna talk about being beat Will Allen was beat once and Smith prob gave up a few completions.

Vontae need to get yelled at straighten up and just play football. His coverage skills were good but he needs to screw his head on straight and think about his actions before doing them.

As i have said before. He made rookie bonehead mistakes on coverage on punts but his pass coverage was pretty good. If you wanna talk about being beat Will Allen was beat once and Smith prob gave up a few completions.

Vontae need to get yelled at straighten up and just play football. His coverage skills were good but he needs to screw his head on straight and think about his actions before doing them.

Smith "gave up" one completion in a prevent and made a sure tackle. The only other one was called back.

I agree. He should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom