Puppetstring?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Puppetstring??

SCOTTY

Active Roster
Reaction score
Why is it so many on here want to take all blame of Henne when it comes to our animic offense? Yes, Hennings play calling is terrible. I said that since game one and was bashed. Now, there is a fire Henning Sticky Thread. But why is everyone taking all the blame of Henne and saying he is 'drilled with don't turn it over' so that's why he always checks down. Now I am not a Henne supporter okay. But I will step up and say he showed SOME signs last game. But come on. This guys has played footbal how long?? Started all your years at MICHIGAN. He can't go to the line see 8 stacked in the box and call a hot route?? He never points out unmanned defenders. He doesn't audible. I can't believe a lifetime football player goes into every play thinking don't throw an INT instead of I wanna F'in TD, I want to WIN!! Please I don't buy it. This guy's job was gaurenteed to him. Go to the line of scrimmage, check the play and make a F'in move Henne. 15+ years of football. DO IT!!!!

Surprisingly, after what could be Henne's best game in awhile (and better than anyone else facing the Stealers (and that's not a typo) this season, I've lately been getting my money's worth out of this graphic:

63typv-1.jpg

Really...really. Hmmmm, so far I've heard on here Henne's best games were Pittsburg, Jets and NE. Our QB plays his best and 3 loses HMMMMMMMM... interesting. Okay I conciede Henne is a stud leader, let's blame Henning and Sparano for Henne's on field offense not being able to score. I guess I am expecting waaayyyyy to much from a guy who's played ball his whole life and yet when he steps on the field as a Dolphin he refuses to lead. Sorry blame coaching all you want. But the FACT is on the field the QB is the leader, he is in charge. Henne has not done that!! He has a lot of fault in our offense being what it is-pathetic.

Really...really. Hmmmm, so far I've heard on here Henne's best games were Pittsburg, Jets and NE. Our QB plays his best and 3 loses HMMMMMMMM... interesting. Okay I conciede Henne is a stud leader, let's blame Henning and Sparano for Henne's on field offense not being able to score. I guess I am expecting waaayyyyy to much from a guy who's played ball his whole life and yet when he steps on the field as a Dolphin he refuses to lead. Sorry blame coaching all you want. But the FACT is on the field the QB is the leader, he is in charge. Henne has not done that!! He has a lot of fault in our offense being what it is-pathetic.

You seem to have issues with paradoxes.

In one sentence you say he's a "stud leader" but then you say "on the field the QB is the leader, he is in charge. Henne has not done that!!"

So which one is it?

And as for him having a lot of fault in our offense being pathetic, how do you figure that? He's definitely not perfect and has missed some opportunities (guess what, all QBs do) but he's had to generate offense with virtually no run support. He has 8 passing TDs in 6 games while the running back corps has just 1 rushing TD in 6 games. Couple that with one of the league's worst starting field position stats (due to poor kick returns) and it's difficult to give your argument much credibility.

Need more proof? Here's how Henne stacks up compared his NFL counterparts:
-14th in yards per game (242 yds/game)
-12th in completion percentage (63.1 percent)
-20th in passing TDs (8) *only 5 of the guys ahead of him have as many or less total pass attempts **6 of the guys ahead of him have just 1 more TD
-13th in yards per attempt (7 ypa)
-14th in passer rating (86.9 rating)

And as for our offense being "pathetic" here's some fact (for those of you that are into that kind of thing):
-Miami is 13th in total offense and 24th in scoring offense. Average at best, but far from pathetic in my opinion. It's fair to suggest that these rankings would be significantly higher if our running game was even close to producing the way it has in the past two seasons.

LOL. Henne = stud leader = major sarcasim. I can get you stats to support any arguement. I'm talking intangibles here. Leadership. None of your stats show he has this. Why because he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom