Put a former coach or player in his prime on the '03 Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Put a former coach or player in his prime on the '03 Phins

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
If you could choose any former Dolphin in his prime (coaches count as well) to put on the 2003 team, who would it be and why?

For me, it's a difficult choice between Don Shula and Dan Marino. I think I'd rather have Shula though, to get this offense together again. When he was in town, we had the NFL's most dominant offense for a decade.

I don't think it wouldn't matter who we would put at QB, if the O-Line can't block then they can't do anything.

Marino would get out the ball in his prime fast enough. He made that piece of **** 90s OL look good.

Marino without a doubt.

The '84 Marino.. young Mr.Franchise. Stevie who?

Originally posted by Gonk
For me, it's a difficult choice between Don Shula and Dan Marino. I think I'd rather have Shula though, to get this offense together again. When he was in town, we had the NFL's most dominant offense for a decade.
I think I'm with you on this one. My first thought was obviously Marino. But with Wannstedt at the helm, as good as Marino was, I don't think he would really make that much of a difference. On top of that, I just don't think our receivers are good enough to handle the Marino fast ball. I shudder to think what Marino's numbers could've been if he'd had receivers that could catch the freakin' ball in the latter half of his career.

BTW - In case you missed it with all the props I gave Danny Boy, I pick Shula.

Marino or Don Shula sound nice, but I'll take Richmond Webb. A good linemen would be a healthy addition to this team.

Sentimentally, it's obviously Dan.

But since the goal is to win a title this year, I'd have to narrow it down to Larry Little and Dwight Stephenson. I guess I'll take guard Little over the best center of all time, since Little would allow our center to double team Nails' man on every down....and because I've got some faith in Seth.

Originally posted by Jaj
Marino would get out the ball in his prime fast enough. He made that piece of **** 90s OL look good.

Marino never had crappy offensive lineman. He's had a couple of seasons where he got sacked less than 15 times and never got sacked over 25 times in a season.

I would take '02 Ricky...that is self explanatory. If he could run the ball like he did last year, our passing game would open up.

That was because of Marion that he did not get sacked that much. I mean for Christ's sake, you shouldn't believe a damn that our OL has ever been good since the 80's. Marino had the fastest release of all time, that is why he never got sacked.

Back
Top Bottom