Q & A With Alex On Our Dolphins. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q & A With Alex On Our Dolphins.

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Marvez Q&A........ he disses Priko at the very end..... good reading.
05/28/02 06:31PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Why are some of the Dolphins' offseason minicamps called "Quarterback Schools?" Are they geared mostly for QBs or something? Eddie Rivera, Stockton, CA

A: No, the camps aren't really any different. At the Sun-Sentinel, we refer to the quarterback schools as minicamps.

Q: Rumors out of the minicamps are that Ray Lucas is holding onto the ball too long and not making decisions in a timely manner. Is this true in your opinion? Is that what is holding him back from competing for the starting position? Rick Wilson, Elk Grove, CA

A: I have no idea what "rumors" are being referred to. I will say this: With the Dolphins learning a new offense, all three quarterbacks aren't going to be as sharp as they will be later this preseason. The reason Lucas isn't a strong contender for a starting position is based upon the fact Dolphins coaches think Jay Fiedler is better. But the fact the Dolphins didn't try to add another veteran quarterback this offseason speaks volumes for the job Lucas did as a backup in 2001.

Q: Is there any update on Rob Burnett or Michael Sinclair? Also, is there any truth to the rumors that former Dolphin Marco Coleman could return to Miami? Milt Hugh, Ft. Myers, FL

A: Coleman will be high on the Dolphins' wish list if he is released after June 1 by Washington. The Dolphins, though, could face stiff competition for his services. Not only would they be offering a modest contract, but the Dolphins are looking for a backup end while Coleman could receive a more lucrative deal from a team that wants him to start. The fact Burnett hasn't signed by now doesn't bode well for a deal getting done. Sinclair, whose career nose-dived in Seattle, is a third choice at this point.

Q: Is it still too early to write off Cade McNown? Has he really looked that bad? Which quarterback would you say has the edge: Tim Levcik and Zak Kustok? Matt Ross, Largo, FL

A: McNown will be given every chance to make the roster but improved play is necessary. Levcik has a strong arm, which gives him the edge on Kustok so far this preseason.

Q: What are Robert Baker's chances of making the team? Also, how much of a concern are the injuries to the receivers? I heard that Chris Chambers is in a walking boot, and that Oronde Gadsden is still having problems with his shoulder. Luis Ortiz, Orange, TX

A: Injuries aren't a major concern for the receiving corps provided the unit is healthy come training camp in late July. As for Baker, the re-signing of Jeff Ogden and the drafting of Sam Simmons makes him a long shot to make the final roster.

Q: Since the Dolphins did show some interest in Cris Carter, do you think they would try to sign any of the receivers cut after June 1, like Antonio Freeman or Derrick Alexander? Also, is there any chance of Miami making a push for John Fina if the bills release him? Jonathan, Fort Myers, FL

A: I don't expect the Dolphins to attempt signing Fina unless they want to give defensive end Jason Taylor a player to beat in practice every day. My feeling is the Dolphins are much more focused on signing an end than pursuing a wide receiver.

Q: Why didn't Miami make Kenny Mixon or Lorenzo Bromell a franchise player? Alan Ludmerer

A: Cost. Using the franchise tag on an end guarantees that player will count more than $5.5 million against the salary cap for 2002 unless a long-term extension could be reached. With Daryl Gardener, Jason Taylor, Tim Bowens and Larry Chester all collecting seven-digit salaries, the Dolphins didn't want to pay big money to another defensive lineman.

Q: How many tight ends will the Dolphins carry on their opening-day roster? Also, is there a chance that Tim Ruddy will be released after June 1? Michael, Trenton, NJ

A: Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt has guaranteed that Ruddy will be a Dolphins starter in 2002. I expect the Dolphins to carry between three to four tight ends, including long-snapper Ed Perry.

Q: Has anyone signed Heath Irwin yet? Just wondering. Marcus Robinson, San Juan, PR

A: The Redskins entertained Irwin on a free-agent visit in April but he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Q: Corey Moore was labeled a star-in-the-making with the Bills before he was shot in the leg. Does he have a shot to retain that label this year with the Dolphins, and earn a starting spot next to Zach on the outside? Jim Kaiserman, NY, NY

A: Moore was never considered a "star in the making" while with Buffalo. Otherwise, he wouldn't have gotten released by the Bills last summer and then subsequently released by Cincinnati before signing with the Dolphins. Moore, who was a star pass rusher at Virginia Tech, has struggled playing linebacker on the NFL level. Moore's best shot at making the Dolphins' roster is on special teams.

Q: According to a CBS Sportsline.com report, they rated Ricky Williams as horribly overrated. Do you agree with this article? Jeff Kasaczun

A: No. Players who rush for 1,245 yards aren't overrated.

A: I don't expect the Dolphins to attempt signing Fina unless they want to give defensive end Jason Taylor a player to beat in practice every day.

:lol: :lol:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A: I don't expect the Dolphins to attempt signing Fina unless they want to give defensive end Jason Taylor a player to beat in practice every day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT is TOO funny!!

I'm glad to see that Alex..............

sees that Pete Pricko is an absolute moron too.:lol:

Q: According to a CBS Sportsline.com report, they rated Ricky Williams as horribly overrated. Do you agree with this article? Jeff Kasaczun

A: No. Players who rush for 1,245 yards aren't overrated.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Q: Why didn't Miami make Kenny Mixon or Lorenzo Bromell a franchise player? Alan Ludmerer

Hopefully not a member because are you nuts :evil: these guys are not worth 5 mil plus a year salary unless maybe we could have gotten them in as 1 player as a package deal :rolleyes:

Q: Has anyone signed Heath Irwin yet? Just wondering. Marcus Robinson, San Juan, PR
Who cares he totally sucked - I am sure he is looking for a non-NFL job as we speak :eek:

I agreed with Marvez on Fina, Look at the field days JT had on the Bills in the last couple of years..Fina would defintely be a backup on our present roster, and could be in trouble of even making the team. So lets not waste money on him and go ahead and sign a DE..So if the offense does have trouble, our D will be able to handle any situation.

Back
Top Bottom