Q&A with Dave Wannstedt: Addressing the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q&A with Dave Wannstedt: Addressing the Dolphins

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Q&A with Dave Wannstedt: Addressing the Dolphins

pretty good I thought....

I like this one

• Q: You do have [quarterbacks coach] Marc Trestman, who has a lot of experience throwing the ball from when he was offensive coordinator with Oakland. Why not borrow on that more now that Williams is gone?

• A: It all depends on where the offensive line is and where our quarterbacks are. Drawing up the plays. . . . We have more ideas than we can use. Getting the players to execute them is the difference.

Good stuff. I think Wannstedt has no choice but to open the offense up a bit. It's going to be interesting.

• A: At right guard, it's Greg Jerman and Taylor Whitley. At right tackle, it's John St. Clair and Vernon Carey. With St. Clair, I'm very encouraged. Carey did a good job. When they put the pads on, it will be interesting to see. [The loser of the St. Clair-Carey battle] will be the swing guy. He won't go into the right-guard competition. We'll probably make the decision before the third exhibition game.

I DID NOT like this quote. I think Vernon Carey and St.Clair could both probably beat out ethir of our RG's. So what happens if St.Clair wins, we just dont even use Vernon Careys talents on a line tht needs it more then ever?

I liked a couple of things: (1) we will know our starting lineup in Game 3 of the preseason. This is good coaching. He has set an exact time table for his players to know where they stand. (2) He likes our defense and thinks it has a chance to be the best Dolphin D ever...if there is one thing Wanny is decent at, it's defense. Pretty encouraging. We'll see soon!

Back
Top Bottom