Q: With the way the O line has been,why dont the Dolphins go get Richmond Webb back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q: With the way the O line has been,why dont the Dolphins go get Richmond Webb back?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Q. With the way the O line has been,why dont the Dolphins go get Richmond Weeb back
Ken Gibson, Dallas Tx 8/03/03

A. Because he weighs 360 pounds right now.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

There's like 300+ question and answers on the Miami Herald site for FREE that Cole answers every day. I've been reading through a bunch. Good stuff. I'll post some others in this thread.

Q.

How have the rookies looked in camp so far? Is there any pleasant or unexpected surprises?
Conrad, Anaheim Hills, California 8/03/03

A.

Generally good. Billy Yates has really jumped out on o-line now that the pads are on.

Q.

Hey Jason I actually have two questions. Is the battle for the SS position close between Knight and Freeman? And I keep reading about how Miami is adding more blitz packages to the defense. Are they mainly for Seau or do you think Thomas and Greenwood will be blitzing a lot more now too? I would think this could help Greenwood because of his speed.
Josh Sanders #71 USD Toreros, San Diego, CA 8/03/03

A.

The SS battle really isn't that close. Knight's going to win. As for the blitz, it's going to be mostly Seau with some Thomas. Greenwood needs to learn the basics first.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

Q.

Jason, I have written to the Herald many times of my concern that Jay doesn't have an NFL quarterback's long-pass arm. This does not allow us to go deep late in a game and have an opportunity to complete a long pass or at least get a goal-line pass interference call! What are your thoughts on his ability to throw deep, i.e., consistent accurate 35-yards or longer passes - We did not have a deep game last year?
Tony, Washington DC 8/03/03

A.

He's not perfect with that, but he's decent enough. The Dolphins were middle of the pack last year in pass plays of 25 or longer. After another year in the offense, I expect that to go up.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

Didn't your mom teach you to always provide a link?? ;)

LINK

OFF TOPIC

FINALLY

Q.I have been a Dolphin fan for 25 years now (a difficult thing growing up in Buffalo, NY). It has bothered me for a long time that the Dolphins fight song is a rip-off of the old Oilers fight song. I wrote a new one. To whom would I submit a copy to have it considered for "official" status?
Bruce E, Pittsburgh, PA 8/03/03

A. Call the Dolphins at 954-452-7000.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

As far as I knew, the author of the song pimped it out to the Oilers after he wrote it for us.

Q.

Jason, Seth McKinney has been given the chance to concentrate 100% on playing the center position and competing with Tim Ruddy. Can we partially understand that to mean that Jamie Nails looks like he will be fully recovered and able to play at the same awesome level that he did prior to his injury last year?
Fin4life, Warner Robins, GA 8/04/03

A.

Yes. Plus, it's an indication that Yates has looked good enough to cover the spot for now.

Q.

Your opinion on the rookie Offensive Linemen this year? I know most of them signed late, but what are your initial impressions? Is the potential/talent there to add starter quality being that the current Oline could get old/injured real quick?
AC, Miami, FL 8/04/03

A.

Wade Smith has great feet, but needs to get stronger before he can start. Taylor Whitley has the size and strength, but he's a little stiff right. I like Tim Provost. I think he'll give Greg Jerman a run for his money. Billy Yates may be the best of the bunch. Startlingly good.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

Q.

Hey JC, what role if any will Robert Edwards play this season? How does he look in training camp?
Alvaro S, Miami 8/04/03

A.

I think he'll be the top backup to Ricky. He looks better than last year.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

Q.

Jason, I keep seeing how Patrick Surtain isn't practicing because of a knee problem. Is his injury serious??
Chris, Dalmatia, PA 8/04/03

A.

Long-term, yes. He should be OK for the next year or two, with proper rest.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

Q.

Hey Jason... Robert Edwards seems to have recovered to close, if not at his former self. What are the chances of the Dolphins trading him and trying to recover the 2nd rd. pick lost in the coming draft? (or maybe a 3rd) There are a few teams in need of a RB.
clf, richmond, va 8/04/03

A.

I think that's asking a bit too much. If they're lucky, they'd get a 5th.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

Q.

Hi Jason, A local guy, Tim Provost, from San Jose State was drafted by the Dolphins. I have not read anything about him on the WEB or news. How is he doing?
Mark, Morgan Hill, CA 8/04/03

A.

I liked what I saw of him in Nashville. He's catching on pretty quick and should give Greg Jerman a run for the job. Morgan Hill, huh? Man, do I miss the Bay Area.
Jason Cole 8/04/03

You know something that doesn't get discussed very much around here is the fact that Madison may outlast Surtain in this league....I wonder how much Surtain's knees are going to factor into a decision on who to keep and who to let go between the two of them when the time comes?

Very good point INFINS....when this team's all-stars start seperating I am going to be really dissapointed.

PT, there is another thread that talks about this....I actually didn't know that when I made this post...It's called "Surtain?"

Even if Richmond wasn't 360lbs he still is coming off that left pectoral muscle injury from game 4 or 5 into the season. This guy hasn't played/practiced since then.

Re: OFF TOPIC

Originally posted by Muck
FINALLY

As far as I knew, the author of the song pimped it out to the Oilers after he wrote it for us.

That's correct, it was ours first, then the oilers copied it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
There's like 300+ question and answers on the Miami Herald site for FREE that Cole answers every day. I've been reading through a bunch. Good stuff. I'll post some others in this thread.

CK...

I get the strongest feeling by how Jason Cole's Q&A forum is set up... that they're making it available right now to build an audience... and once they reach a good level of interest, they'll try to tuck it under a premium service somehow. Call me cynical, -- or a realist.:)

Either way, it's some good stuff for however long it lasts.

btw -- I liked the comment about Greenwood having to learn the basics. OWWW! That hadda sting. Much worse than just being called Marlon.

Back
Top Bottom