QB Coach David Lee? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Coach David Lee?

Mattm334

Active Roster
Reaction score
Any clue what role he has with the team? He was supposedly a special advisor to Flores last year and he was working out Justin Herbert at his Pro day representing us.

I don't know why they did the flat feet and throw. It's so dumb. We all know he has a strong arm. But that's probably the third thing to look at my n a QB. We know the kid has the tools. The question is what's between the ears. I think he is a smart kid, problem is the system he was in and how he faces adversity.
That said I honestly think he will be the pick. Just too much pointing that way. Kid has upside. Tua fans are gonna be disappointed imo

He has losing record coaching in NFL and most of his QBs coached were not very good. He was with Miami in 2008 when Pennington took us to the playoffs but Pennington was a coach on the field already.

He looks mostly tied to Chan Gailey with Bills Jets and Cleveland when they went 0-16. IF he Likes Hebert its because Gailey must like Hebert (a future journeyman Tannehill fieldler type QB). We will find out in 12 days. I hope this organization does the right thing for this offense. Pick BPA and adjust your scheme to that player. Don't just plug in any athletic QB that fits your scheme. That is not good enough. Coach lee is coached same places as Gailey with similar record. He too is part of the Parcells Tree of which Grier falls. This is tied to Grier influence more than anyone else.

Robbie Brown is the QB coach of the Dolphins. While Lee has been a QB coach in the NFL and worked with Gailey before, none of the QB’s he has coached have been anything special. Yet that appears to be more than Brown as done as a QB coach. He has spent the last two years as a defensive coach and it appears he has never been a QB coach at the NFL level.

Last edited:
RObie Brown is the QB coach of the Dolphins. While Lee has been a QB coach in the NFL and worked with Gailey before, none of the QB’s he has coached have been anything special. Yet that appears to be more than Brown as done as a QB coach. He has spent the last two years as a defensive coach and it appears he has never been a QB coach at the NFL level.
It appears he will carry the title and learn as Gailey coaches the QBs. I'm sure that happens a lot in the NFL. Happens a lot in the rest of the world too.

It appears he will carry the title and learn as Gailey coaches the QBs. I'm sure that happens a lot in the NFL. Happens a lot in the rest of the world too.
While I agree that learning on the job is prevalent In the workforce, you would think that by the time you get a position as a QB coach in the NFL you would already have experience in that area. As far as Gailey training Brown is concerned, I personally don’t think Gailey has shown over all his years in the league that he is that great at developing young QB’s. He is below average in that area IMO.

This is a what scares me, great position to get a great QB and we have no one to coach them up, that’s the Dolphin way, unbelievable

While I agree that learning on the job is prevalent In the workforce, you would think that by the time you get a position as a QB coach in the NFL you would already have experience in that area. As far as Gailey training Brown is concerned, I personally don’t think Gailey has shown over all his years in the league that he is that great at developing young QB’s. He is below average in that area IMO.
From what I've read here, Gailey has most often not had much to work with. He has turned a 7th rounder (Fitz) and an UFA (Fiedler) into competent QBs, correct? For all we know, that may have been outstanding QB coaching?

Does anyone else think Dan Marino could provide some help every now and then? I know that's not his official title, but you've got one of the best whose ever played in the building.

I don't know why they did the flat feet and throw. It's so dumb. We all know he has a strong arm. But that's probably the third thing to look at my n a QB. We know the kid has the tools. The question is what's between the ears. I think he is a smart kid, problem is the system he was in and how he faces adversity.
That said I honestly think he will be the pick. Just too much pointing that way. Kid has upside. Tua fans are gonna be disappointed imo
Herbert never really had good coaching at Oregon. He had Helfrich as a freshman in that's when he really came on the scene, after that it was Taggart, Cristobal and Arroyo who aren't really known for being great QB gurus. Oregon ran a really conservative run first offense under Arroyo and it held Herbert back in my opinion. I mean just imagine if he played at LSU with Joe Brady teaching him and calling the plays or at Bama with Nick Saban,Locksley,Dabol and Sarkisian, on top of having elite talent. He would of probably won a Heisman or would be coming off a 4,000 yard 45+ TD season.

Back
Top Bottom